- Volume 10 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Image Analysis on Upper Gastrointestinal(UGI) Series of Gastric Cancer
위암환자의 위장조영검사 영상분석
- Received : 2010.08.24
- Accepted : 2010.09.02
- Published : 2010.09.28
Despite significant advance in laparoscopy, upper gastrointestinal (UGI) series is still generally carried out for preoperative localization of gastrectomy. The aim of the study was to compare the accuracy of UGI series and postoperative pathological findings in the diagnosis and localization of gastric cancer. A retrospective review was carried out for 102 patients who underwent gastrectomy between October 2007 and April 2009. Preoperative reports of UGI series were compared with postoperative pathology reports and the accuracy of the preoperative reports was calculated. Two radiographer retrospectively reviewed the analysis of UGI series. postoperative pathology reports of the surgical specimens, were compared with the preoperative reports of the location and extent of the tumor were correct in 81 case("sure", 79.4%) and incorrect in 21 case("failed, 20.6%). In 92 case UGI series revealed intestinal metaplasia (90.2%) at consensus review and these results demonstrate the limitation of the UGI series in the diagnosis of type IIb gastric cancer with size less than 1.0cm and the poor detection of gastric cancer is that the overlying mucous membrane often appears to be normal in these patients. In conclusion, UGI series is accurate the detection of the tumor localization and diagnosis of intestinal metaplasia. However, for the overcome with the limitation of UGI series should be used accurate technique for the region of the stomach. To achieve this goal, it is necessary to determine the changes of the mucus membrane of the stomach and UGI series is gaining acceptance as a standard method for preoperative gastric cancer screening.
Gastric Cancer;UGI;Image Analysis
- 중앙암등록본부, 2003년-2005년 암 발생 건수 및 연령군별 암 발생, 2008.
- 배제문, 위암치료의 최신 동향, 생물학연구정보센터, 2005.
- 박수연, 김선미, 김아영, 김태경, 김표년, 하현권, “상부위장관조영술에서의 위점막표면결절화: 일차 원인질환 및 악성종양 병발에 관한 전향적 분석", 대한의학협회지, 제45권, pp.365-371, 2001.
- M. Ogura, Y. Hikiba1, S. Maeda1, M. Matsumura1, K. Okanol, R. Sassa1, H. Yoshida, T. Kawabe, and M. Omata, "Mortality from gastric cancer in patients followed with upper gastrointestinal endoscopy," Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, Vol.43, No.5, pp.574-580, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1080/00365520701813954
- Y. Maehara, Y. Kakeji, Y. and Y. Emi, "Therapeutic value of lymph node dissection and the clinical outcome for patients with gastric cancer," Surgery, Vol.131, pp.S85-S91, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1067/msy.2002.119309
- S. Morita, H. Katai, M. Saka, T. Fukagawa, T. Sano, and M. Sasako, "Outcome of pylorus-preserving gastrectomy for early gastric cancer," British Journal of Surgery, Vol.95, pp.1131-1135, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1002/bjs.6295
- 노성훈, 류창학, 김용일, 김충배, 민진식, 이경식, “위절제를 시행한 위암환자 2603예의 생존율 및 예후인자 분석”, 대한외과학회지, 제55권, pp.206-213, 1998.
- 신용문, 위암의 영상의학적 기재 방법, 대한위암학회 추계 학술대회, 2004.
- C. Kunisaki, H. Akiyama, M. Nomura, G. Matsuda, Y. Otsuka, H. Ono, Y. Nagahori, H. Hosoi, M. Takahashi, and F. Kito, "Significance of Long-Term Follow-Up of Early Gastric Cancer," Annals of Surgical Oncology, Vol.13, No.3, pp.363-369, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1245/ASO.2006.03.061
- P. H. Green and M. Kathleen, "Early gastric cancer," Gastroenterology, Vol.81, pp.247-256, 1981.
- B. J. Dicken, D. L. Bigam, C. Cass, J. R. Mackey, A. A. Joy, and S. M. Hamilton, "Gastric Adenocarcinoma: Review and Considerations for Future Directions," Ann Surg, Vol.241, No.1, pp27-39, 2005.
- M. Dinis-Ribeiro, A. D. Costa-Pereira, C. Lopes and L. Moreira-Dias, "Feasibility and cost-effectiveness of using magnification chromoendoscopy and pepsinogen serum levels for the follow-up of patients with atrophic chronic gastritis and intestinal metaplasi," Journal of Gastroenterology and Hematology, Vol.22, Issue.10, pp.1594-1604, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1440-1746.2007.04863.x
- 허준, 위암검진의 실시와 제반조건, 화상연구 28호, 2004.