- Volume 10 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Microvascular Contrast Image in Portal Veins of Rat using Micro-CT
마이크로 CT를 이용한 BALB/C(흰쥐) 간문맥의 미세혈관 조영 영상
- 이상호 (익산병원 영상의학과) ;
- 임청환 (한서대학교 방사선학과) ;
- 정홍량 (한서대학교 방사선학과) ;
- 한범희 (서남대학교 방사선학과) ;
- 모은희 (원광대학교병원 영상의학과) ;
- 채규윤 (원광대학교 생명나노학부)
- Received : 2010.05.17
- Accepted : 2010.08.11
- Published : 2010.09.28
The study focuses on the value of Micro CT, a high resolution X-ray imaging device, by using it on rats to observe the overall portal vein image of the liver and the microvasculature of each lobes, visualize the 4 segmental lobes and acquire 3D image of the microvasculature through the reconstruction of sectional image data. Less of the damage to liver of the 5 mice, the device was able to separate the liver into 4 segmental lobes and displayed the 4 portal vein microvasculature in 2D. By using the 3D MIP technique, observation of the whole portal vein system microvasculature in 3D image was made possible along with each of the portal vein segment's branches until the 6th branch. Measured the size of 6branch, the average was measured at 1branch :
Micro CT;Microvasculature;3D Image
- S. Bourquin, Opt.Express, 3290, 2003.
- J. F. Hainfeld, D. N. Slatkin, and H. M. Smilowitz, “The use of gold nanoparticles to enhance radiotherapy in mice,” Phys Med Biol, 49:N309- N315, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/49/18/N03
- G. F. Paciotti, L. Myer, and D. Weinreich, “Colloidal gold: a novel nanoparticle vector for tumor directed drug delivery,” Drug Deliv, Vol,11, pp.169-183, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1080/10717540490433895
- J. Chen, F. Saeki, and B. J. Wiley, “Gold nanocages bioconjugation and their potential use as optical imaging contrast agents,” Nano Lett, Vol.5, pp.473-477, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1021/nl047950t
- M. C. Daniel and D. Astruc, “Goldnanoparticles assembly, supramolecular chemistry, quantum-size-related properties, and applications toward biology, catalysis, and nanotechnology,” Chem Rev, Vol.104, pp.293-346, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1021/cr030698+
- R. L. sandberg, C. Song. P and W. Waehulak O, "A Raymondsono High numerical aperture tabletop soft x-ray diffratio microscopy with 10-nm redution," proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A, 105-24, 2008.
- C. T. Badea, B. Fubara, L. W. Hedlund, and G. A. Johnson, "4-D micro-CT of the mouse heart. Mol Imaging," Vol.4, pp.110-116, 2005.
- M. J. Paulus, S. S. Gleason, S. J. Kennel, P. R. Hunsicker, and D. K. Johnson, "High resolution X-ray computed tomography: an emerging tool for small animal cancer research," Neoplasia, Vol.2, pp.62-70, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.neo.7900069
- E. L. Ritman, "Micro-computed tomography-current statusand developments," Annu Rev Biomed Eng, Vol.6, pp.185-208, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.bioeng.6.040803.140130
- Winter TCIII, Freeny PC and Nghiem HV, et al "Hepatic arterial anatomy in transplantation candidates: evaluation with three-dimensional CT arteriography," Radiology, 195:363-370, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiology.195.2.7724754
- S. Takahashi, T. Murakami, and M. Takamura, "Multi-detector row helical CT angiography of hepatic vessels : depiction with dual-arterial phase acquisition during single breath hold," Radiology, 222:81-88, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2221010326
- J. W. Ludders, J. W. Wilson, and G. A. Ribble, "Microangiography and correlated histology: research technique for examining renal microcirculation," Am JVet Res,46:2536-8, 1985.
- T. F. Massoud, "Gambhir imaging in living subjects; seeing fundamental processes in a new light," Genes Dev, 7:545-80, 2003.
- M. D. Bentley, M. C. Ortiz, E. L. Ritman, and J. C. Romero, "The use of microcomputed tomography to study microvasculature in small rodents," Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol, 282:F1267-79, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1152/ajpregu.00560.2001
- P. Soyer, "Segmental anatomy of liver, Utility of a nomenclature accepted worldwide," AJR, 161:572-573, 1993. https://doi.org/10.2214/ajr.161.3.8352107
- H. Bismuth, "Surgical anatomyh and anatomical surgery of the liver," World J Surg, 6:3-9, 1982 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01656368
- "Gray’s Anatomy," via Wikipedia, 1918.
- T. Harada, "Liver and Gallbladder," Chapter 7 in Pathology of the Mouse.
- E. L. Ritman, S. M. Jorgensen, P. E. Lund, P. J. Thomas, J. H. Dunsmuir, and J. C. Romero, "Synchrotron -based micro-CT of in-situ biological basic functional units and their integration," Proc Soc Photo Opt Instrum Eng : 3149:13-24, 1997.
- C. A. Zarse, J. A. McAteer, A. J. Sommer, S. C. Kim, E. K. Hatt, and J. E. Lingeman, "Nondestructive analysis of urinary calculi using micro computed tomography," BMC Urol, 13:4-15, 2004.
- A. C. Langheinrich, R. M. Bohle, S. Greschus, N. Hackstein, G. Walker, and von Gerlach S, "Atherosclerotic l esions at micro CT: feasibility for analysis of coronary artery wall in autopsy specimens," Radiology, 231:675-681, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2313021718
- Winter T III, Freeny P and H. Nghiem, "Hepatic arterial anatomy in transplantation candidates ; evaluation with three-dimensional CT arteriography," Radiology, 195:363-370, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiology.195.2.7724754
- E. Toyota, Y. Ogasawara, K. Fujimoto, T. Kajita, F. Higeto, and T. Asano, "Global heterogeneity of glomerular volume distribution in early diabetic nephropathy," Kidney Int, 66:855-61, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1523-1755.2004.00816.x
- 엄태중, 강철, "바이오 포토닉스 영상기술," 물리학과첨단기술, pp.65-69, 2007(6).
- CT Scan Findings of Rabbit Brain Infection Model and Changes in Hounsfield Unit of Arterial Blood after Injecting Contrast Medium vol.12, pp.9, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.09.270