- Volume 10 Issue 9
Quality management of an x-ray unit drastically differs according to the type of establishment of medical institutions. Many primary medical institutions have it, but they do not pay much attention to quality management. In the study, Gyeongbuk area has been divided into four zones from January 4, 2010 to September 3, 2010, and four places were designated by city. Among medical institutions located at a total of 16 sites, the target was 8 places with X-ray emission equipment 10 years or more in use as well as 8 places with X-ray emission equipment less than 10 years in use. The 5 essential items of quality control were tested. In the test that checked for equipment it was found that sites with X-ray emission equipment 10 years or more in use didn't have ground connection (6.25%) while all of them passed the current leak test. In the exposure dose reproducibility test 4 sites with X-ray emission equipment 10 years or more in use (25%) and 1 site with X-ray emission equipment less than 10 years in use didn't pass the test. In the KVp accuracy test 5 sites with X-ray emission equipment 10 years or more in use (31.25%) and 2 sites with X-ray emission equipment less than 10 years in use (12.5%) didn't pass the test. In the tube current and tube current amount test 3 sites with X-ray emission equipment 10 years or more in use (18.75%) and 1 site with less than 10 years in use (6.25%) didn't pass the test. According to the findings of the present research, quality control at medical institutions with X-ray equipment 10 years or more in use was poorer than medical institutions with X-ray equipment less than 10 years in use. In this regard, administrative and technical measures need to be taken as soon as possible. In addition, owners of medical clinics or unit managers need to raise awareness, and it is necessary to revise a regular test cycle every year or every two years if they have old equipment or if the equipment is not used on a frequent basis. And it is also important to provide regular educational programs for quality management.
10 Years or More;Less than 10 Years;Medical Clinics;X-ray Unit;Regular Test Cycle
- 임재동, “진단용 방사선의 피폭선량 최적화를 위한 안전 시스템 연구”, 명지대학교 대학원 석사학위논문, 2004.
- 경광현, 진단용 X선 장치의 성능관리프로그램, 대한 방사선사협회편, 대학서림 1998.
- 오현진, 진단용 방사선의 안전관리에 관한 연구, 식품의약품안정청 연구보고서, 제6권, pp.292-298, 2002.
- Japan Industries Association of Radiation Apparatus, Medical imaging and Handbook of Radiation Installation. Electron measurement publishers, pp. 43-57, 1995.
- 보건복지가족부령 제112호 진단용 발사선 발생장치의 안전관리에 관한 규칙, 2009.
- 강세식, 권덕문, 김경근, 진단용 X-선 장치 정도 관리실험, 청구문화사, pp.7-86, 2006.
- 김성수, 허준, 이선숙, 진단용 X선 장치의 콜리메타의 실태조사, 대한 방사선기술학회지, 제17권, 제1호, pp.65-70, 1994.
- 임인철, 박주훈, 동경래, 병원 규모별 진단용 X 선 발생장치의 성능 평가, 방사선방어학회지, 제34권, 제1호, pp.31-36, 2009.
- 권대철, 동경래, 이선주, 1차 의료기관의 엑스선 발생장치 정도관리에 관한 현황조사, 광주광역시 지역을 중심으로, 방사선 방어학회지, 제35권, 제1호, pp.34-42, 2010.