- Volume 10 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Customer Satisfaction and the Fit between Supply Chain Context and Postponement-Speculation Strategies -The Case of Electronic Products-
공급체인의 투기 및 순연 전략 적합성이 고객 만족도에 미치는 영향 -전자제품을 중심으로-
- Received : 2010.07.06
- Accepted : 2010.09.08
- Published : 2010.09.28
Supply chain (SC) strategies will influence corporate performance and customer satisfaction. However, few empirical research has investigated the impact of the gap between prescriptive and current strategy on customer satisfaction. Based on the profile analysis with data from 31 products, the results of this study show the significant relationship between customer satisfaction and the fit between SC context and speculation-postponement strategies. The results imply that different SC strategies should be applied in accordance with product attributes and supply environments.
Supply Chain Management;Supply Chain Strategy;Postponement;Speculation
- A. Gunasekaran, K. Lai, and T.C.E. Cheng, "Responsive supply chain: A competitive strategy in a networked economy," Omega, Vol.36, pp.549-564, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.omega.2006.12.002
- D. J. Bowersox, D. J. Closs, and M. B. Cooper, Supply Chain Logistics Management, McGraw-Hill/Irwin: New York, NY, 2002.
- J. D. Pagh and M. Cooper, "Supply chain Postponement and Speculation stratiges: How to choose the right strategy," Journal of Business Logistics, Vol.19, No.2. pp.13-33, 1998.
- M. Muzumdar, J. Colehower, A. Pernat, and P. Matthews, “The Adaptive Supply Chain: Postponement for Profitability,” APICS International Conference and Exposition, 2003.
- M. Fisher and A. Raman, "Reducing the Cost of Demand Uncertainty Through Accurate Response to Early Sales," Operations Research, Vol.44, No.1, pp.87-99, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1287/opre.44.1.87
- M. L. Sonia and D. Power, "An empirical investigation of the relationship between product nature and supply chain strategy," Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, Vol.15, No.2, pp.139-153, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1108/13598541011028741
- R. H. Ballou, “Reformulating a Logistics Strategy: A Concern for Pase, Presenct and Future,” International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, Vol.23, No.5, pp.30-38, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1108/EUM0000000000426
- R. I. van Hoek., "Logistics and virtual Integration : Postponement, outsourcing and flow of information," International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, Vol.28, No.7, pp.508-523, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1108/09600039810247498
- S. Y. Sun,M. H. Hsu, and W. J. Hwang, "The impact of alignment between supply chain strategy and environmental uncertainty on SCM performance," Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, Vol.14, No.3, pp.201-212, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1108/13598540910954548
- E. Selldin and J. Olhager, "Linking products with supply chains: testing Fisher's model," Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, Vol.12, No.1, pp.42-51, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1108/13598540710724392
- J. C. Cooper, "Logistics strategies for global businesses," International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, Vol.23, No.4, pp.12-23, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1108/09600039310041473
- C. Zhang and G.-W. Tan, "Classification of Postponement Strategies and Performance Metrics Framework." PACIS 2001 Proceedings. pp.45-58. 2001.
- S. Thirumalai and K. K. Sinha, "Customer satisfaction with order fulfillment in retail supply chains: implications of product type in electronic B2C transactions," Journal of Operations Management, Vol.23, No.3-4, pp.291-303, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jom.2004.10.015
- J. Nunnally, Psychometric Theory, McGraw Hill, New York, NY, 1978.
- A Study on IPA of Spectator Motivation in the Korean Creative Musical vol.14, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.4.1595