- Volume 20 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Effects of 12 Week Balance Ability Improvement Exercise to the Changes of Selected Joint Angles and Ground Reaction Forces during Down Staircase Walking
노인대상 12주간 균형능력 향상 운동이 계단 내리기 보행 시 주요 관절각 및 지면반력 변화에 미치는 영향
- Park, Yang-Sun (Division of Sports Science, College of Natural Science, Konkuk University) ;
- Kim, Eui-Hwan (Department of Judo, College of Martial Arts, Yongin University) ;
- Kim, Tae-Whan (Research Department of Sports Science, Korea Institute of Sport Science) ;
- Lee, Yong-Sik (Division of Sports Science, College of Natural Science, Konkuk University) ;
- Lim, Young-Tae (Division of Sports Science, College of Natural Science, Konkuk University)
- 박양선 (건국대학교 자연과학대학 스포츠과학부) ;
- 김의환 (용인대학교 무도대학 유도학과) ;
- 김태완 (국민체육진흥공단 체육과학연구원 스포츠과학연구실) ;
- 이용식 (건국대학교 자연과학대학 스포츠과학부) ;
- 임영태 (건국대학교 자연과학대학 스포츠과학부)
- Received : 2010.06.03
- Accepted : 2010.08.25
- Published : 2010.09.30
The purpose of this study was to investigate the effects of balance ability improvement exercise program which applied to the elderly people for increasing balance, stability and range of motion. Ten elderly people and ten university students were recruited as the subjects. Kinematic data were collected by seven real-time infrared cameras while subjects walk stair descent as a pre-test. Korean folk dance exercise program was applied to the elderly for 12 weeks. Same experiment on stair descent walk was performed as post-test. Results indicated that CM movement and selected joint angle patterns of elderly group after treatment changed to the similar patterns of young group. However, ankle joint angle and vertical GRF of elderly group after treatment also increased compared to those of the elderly group before treatment. This might be explained by the fact that elderly used a different walking strategy which maximize support base for increasing stability. Overall, these results indicated that the exercise treatment may affect to adapt and improve the gait pattern of stair descent of elderly people.
Supported by : 한국학술진흥재단
- 박양선(2006). 회전동작이 전정기관과 운동학적 변인에 미치는 영향. 미간행 박사학위논문. 한양대학교 대학원.
- 성순창, 강창균, 이만균(2007). 노인여성의 넘어진 경험이 활동체력, 등속성 각근력 및 평형성에 미치는 영향. 한국체육학회지, 46(3), 503-515.
- 신효성(2000). 대퇴사두근의 이심성 수축치료가 편마비환자의 계단보행에 미치는 영향. 한국BOBATH학회지, 5(1), 44-58.
- 조훈일(2003). 한국무용기본 동작의 운동강도 및 음악요법 형태가 피로회복에 미치는 영향. 운동과학회지, 12(3), 445-454.
- Ashely, M. G., Gryfe, C. I., & Annies, A.(1977). A longitudinal study of falls in an elderly population. Age Ageing, 6, 211-220. https://doi.org/10.1093/ageing/6.4.211
- Campbell, A., Borrie, M. J., & Spears, G. F.(1989). Risk factors for falls in a community-based prospective study of people 70 years and older. Journal of Gerontology, 44. 112-117. https://doi.org/10.1093/geronj/44.5.M112
- Fruin, John. J.(1991). Pedestrian planning and design: 유봉렬, 김용성 역. 보행자 공간. 태림문화사.
- Gabell, A., Simons, M. A., & Wayak, V. S. L.(1985). Falls in the health elderly: predisposing causes. Journal of Ergonomics, 28(7), 965-975. https://doi.org/10.1080/00140138508963219
- Goodpaster, B. H., Carlson, C. L., Visser, M., Kelly, D. E., Scherzinger, A., & Harris, T. B.(2001). Attenuation of skeletal muscle and strength in the elderly: The Health ABC Study. Journal of Applied Physiology, 90(6), 2157-2165. https://doi.org/10.1152/jappl.2001.90.6.2157
- Kang, H. G., & Dingwell, J. B.(2008). Effects of walking speed, strength and range of motion on gait stability in healthy older adults. Journal of Biomechanics, 41(1), 2899-2905. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2008.08.002
- Kent-Braun, J. A., Ng, A. V., & Young, K.(2000). Skeletal muscle contractile and noncontractile components in young and older women and men. Journal of Applied Physiology, 88(2), 662-668. https://doi.org/10.1152/jappl.2000.88.2.662
- McFadyen, B. J., & Winter, D. A.(1988). An integrated biomechanical analysis of normal stair ascent and descent. Journal of Biomechanics, 21, 733-744. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9290(88)90282-5
- Perry, J.(1992). Gait analysis. SLACK Incorporated.
- Schlicht, J., Camaione, D. N., & Owen, S. V.(2001). Effect of intense strength training on standing balance, walking speed and sit to stand balance, Walking speed and sit to stand performance in older adults. Journal of Gerontology: Serise A, Biological Sciences & Medical Sciences, 56(5), M281-286. https://doi.org/10.1093/gerona/56.5.M281
- Shumway-Cook, A., Baldwin, M., Polissar, N. L., & Gruber, W.(1997). Predicting the probability for falls in community-dwelling older adults. Physical Therapy, 77, 812-819. https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/77.8.812
- Startzell, J. K., Owens, D. A., Mulfinger, L. M., & Cavanagh, P. R. (2000). Stair negotiation in older people: a review. Journal of American Geriatrics Society, 48(5), 567-580. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.2000.tb05006.x
- Wolfson, L. I., Whipple, R., & Amerman, P.(1986). Stressing the postural response: a quantitative method for resting balance. Journal of American Geriatrics Society, 34(12), 845-846. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.1986.tb07256.x
- Yu, B., Growney, E. S., Schultz, F. M., & An, Kai-Nan.(1996). Calibration of measured center of pressure of a new stairway design for kinetic analysis of stair climbing. Journal of Biomechanics, 29(12), 1625-1628. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9290(96)80015-7
- Yu, B., Stuart, M. J., Kienbacher, T., Growney, E. S., & An, K-N.(1997). Valgus-varus motion of the knee in normal level walking and stair climbing. Clinical Biomechanics, 12(5), 286-293. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0268-0033(97)00005-3
- Development of Core Strength Training Equipment and Its Effect on the Performance and Stability of the Elderly in Activities of Daily Living vol.26, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2016.26.2.229
- Effects of Loading on Biomechanical Analysis of Lower Extremity Muscle and Approximate Entropy during Continuous Stair Walking vol.25, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2015.25.3.323
- The Effect of Multisensory Exercise on Foot Pressure Sensitivity, Balance for the Elderly vol.25, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2015.25.1.095
- The Development of Rhythmic Balance Training Equipment and its Effect on Performance for Elderly vol.26, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2016.26.3.323