- Volume 34 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Durability of Torsion Beam Axle Using Modal Stress Recovery Method
모달 응력 회복법(Modal Stress Recovery)을 이용한 Torsion Beam Axle 내구해석
- Ko, Jun-Bok (Dept. of advanced research, Hyundai-WIA) ;
- Lim, Young-Hoon (Dept. of advanced research, Hyundai-WIA) ;
- Lee, Dong-Cheol (Dept, of test. Hyundai-WIA)
- Received : 2009.11.12
- Accepted : 2010.07.27
- Published : 2010.10.01
MSM (Modal Superposition Method) is a technique for analyzing structural durability by taking the vibration characteristics into consideration. In this paper, MSR (Modal Stress Recovery) method, which is similar to MSM, was reviewed to check its validity as a durability analysis method. The MSR method directly calculates the modal displacement time history in multibody dynamics analysis; as a result, the total analysis time is shorter than that of MSM method. We conduct durability analysis using the MSR method and a durability test of a torsion beam axle that is affected by various road loads within the natural frequency of the beam axle. The analysis results for critical location and durability were in good agreement with the respective test results. Therefore, durability analysis using the MSR method is effective in predicting the durability of the structures of various dynamic systems.
Modal Stress Recovery;Modal Superposition Method;Torsion Beam Axle;Durability Analysis;Modal Coordinate
- MSC Fatigue, Adams User Manual, 2005.
- Craig, R. R. Jr and Bampton, M. C. C., 1968, "Coupling of Substructures for Dynamic Analysis," AIAA Jounrnal, Vol. 6, No. 7, pp. 1313-1319. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.4741
- Myklebust, L. I. and Skallerud, B., 2002, "Model Reduction Methods for Flexible Structures," 15th Nordic Seminar on Computational Mechanics, pp. 171-175.
- Kim, J., Jeon, J. W., Chang, C. S. and Kim, T. J., 2009, "A Comparison Study Among the Commercial Durability Analysis Codes for Arc-Welded Structures," Hyundai-Kia motor Group's conference.
- Kim, J.-G., Kim, K.-W., Kang, J.-S., Lee, D.-C., 2005, "VTL Development for Durability Analysis of Suspension by Using MSR Method," MSC User's Conference.
- Suh, K., Lim, H., Song, B. and Ahn, C., 2008, "Virtual Fatigue Analysis of a Small-sized Military Truck Considering Actual Driving Modes," KSAE, Vol 16, No. 4, pp. 120-127.