- Volume 34 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Estimation of Joint Moment and Muscle Force in Lower Extremity During Sit-to-Stand Movement by Inverse Dynamics Analysis and by Electromyography
역동역학해석 및 근전도 신호를 이용한 앉기-서기 동작에서의 하지 관절 모멘트 및 근력 예측
- Kim, Yoon-Hyuk (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Kyung Hee Univ.) ;
- Phuong, Bui Thi Thanh (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Kyung Hee Univ.)
- Received : 2009.12.29
- Accepted : 2010.08.10
- Published : 2010.10.01
Sit-to-stand movement is a basic movement in daily activities. On the basis of this movement, the biomechanical functions of a person can be evaluated. The study of the joint kinematics, moment, and muscle coordination is necessary to understand the characteristics of the sit-to-stand movement. We have developed a motion-based program for inverse dynamics analysis and the electromyogram-based program for muscle force prediction. The joint kinematics and the kinetic results estimated on the basis of obtained motion data, ground reaction force, and electromyogram signals were compared with those reported in previous studies, and the muscle forces determined by the two methods were compared with each other. The methods and programs developed in this study can be used to understand biomechanics and muscle coordination involved in basic movements in daily activities.
Inverse Dynamics Analysis;Muscle Force;Sit-to-Stand;Electromyogram (EMG);Biomechanics
Supported by : 경희대학교
- Janssen, W. G. M., Bussmann, H. B. and Stam, H. J, 2002, "Determinants of the Sit-to-Stand Movement: a Review," Journal of Americal Physical Therapy Association, Vol. 82, No. 9, pp. 866-879.
- Mak, M. K. Y., Levin, O., Mizrahi, J. and Hui-Chan, C. W. Y., 2003, "Joint Torques During Sit-to-Stand in Healthy Subjects and People with Parkinson's Disease," Clinical Biomechanics, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 197-206. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0268-0033(02)00191-2
- Sibella, F., Galli, M., Romei, M., Montesano, A. and Crivellini, M., 2003, "Biomechanical Analysis of Sit-to-Stand Movement in Normal and Obese Subjects," Clinical Biomechanics, Vol. 18, No. 8, pp. 745-750. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0268-0033(03)00144-X
- Hwang, S. J., Son, J. S., Kim, J. Y., Kim, H. D., Im, D. H. and Kim, Y. H., 2008, "Analysis of Joint Movements and Changes of Muscle Length During Sit-to-Stand at Various Sitting Heights in the Korean Elderly's Daily Life," Journal of Biomedical Engineering Research, Vol. 29, No. 6, pp. 484-492.
- Crowninshield, R. D., 1978, "Use of Optimization Techniques to Predict Muscles Forces," Journal of Biomechanical, Vol. 12, No. 8, pp. 627.
- Anderson, F. C. and Pandy, M. G., 2001, "Static and Dynamic Optimization Solutions for Gait are Practically Equivalent," Journal of Biomechanics, Vol. 34, No. 2, pp. 153-161. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9290(00)00155-X
- Barrett, R. S., Besier, T. F. and Lloyd, D. G., 2007, "Individual Muscle Contributions to the Swing Phase of Gait: An EMG-Based Forward Dynamics Modelling Approach," Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory, Vol. 15, No. 9, pp. 1146-1155. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.simpat.2007.07.005
- Buchanan, T. S., Lloyd, D. G., Manal, K. and Besier, T. F., 2004, "Neuromusculoskeletal Modeling: Estimation of Muscle Forces and Joint Moments and Movements From Measurements of Neural Command," Journal of Applied Biomechanics, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 367-395. https://doi.org/10.1123/jab.20.4.367
- Wang, W., Comptona, R. H., Careyc, T. S., Gunthera, M. M., Russell, S. W. and Sellers, W. I., 2004, "Comparison of Inverse-Dynamics Musculo-Skeletal Models of AL 288-1 Australopithecus Afarensis and KNM-WT 15000 Homo Ergaster to Modern Humans, with Implications for the Evolution of Bipedalism," Journal of Human Evolution, Vol. 47, No. 6, pp. 453-478. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhevol.2004.08.007
- Cho, S., 2008, "Hypothetical Neural Control of Human Bipedal Walking with Voluntary Modulation," Medical Biological Engineering and Computing, Vol. 46, No. 2, pp. 179-193. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11517-007-0277-8
- Silder, A., Heiderscheit, B. and Thelen, D. G., 2007, "Identification of Passive Elastic Joint Moment-Angle Relationships in the Lower Extremity," Journal of Biomechanics, Vol. 40, No. 12, pp. 2628-2635. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2006.12.017
- Manal, K. and Buchanan, T. S., 2003, "A One-Parameter Neural Activation to Muscle Activation Model: Estimating Isometric Joint Moments from Electromyograms," Journal of Biomechanics, Vol. 36, No. 8, pp. 1197-1202. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9290(03)00152-0
- De Groote, F., Pipeleers, G., Jonkers, I., Demeulenaere, B., Patten, C., Swevers, J. and De Schutter, J., 2009, "A Physiology Based Inverse Dynamic Analysis of Human Gait: Potential and Perspectives," Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 12, No. 5, pp. 563-574. https://doi.org/10.1080/10255840902788587
- McLean, S. G., Su, A. and Nogart, A. J., 2003, "Development and Validation of a 2-D Model to Predict Knee Joint Loading During Dynamics Movement," Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, Vol. 125, No. 6, pp. 864-874. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.1634282
- Identification of Muscle Forces and Activation of Quadriceps Femoris Muscles of Healthy Adults Considering Knee Damping Effects during Patellar Tendon Reflex vol.38, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2014.38.1.057