- Volume 34 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Study on Improving Reliability of Biomonitor by Using CCD Camera
CCD카메라를 이용한 생물감시장치의 독성자료 신뢰성 향상에 관한 연구
- Kim, Hyun-Chang (Environmental Management Corporation) ;
- Kim, Young-Suk (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Kyungpook Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2010.01.07
- Accepted : 2010.08.11
- Published : 2010.10.01
Water monitoring equipments using daphnia can be used to monitor the pollution levels of a country's main rivers. Such equipments should be capable of providing a prompt warning about increase in the contamination levels, which is evaluated on the basis of impulse number or toxicity index. As unmanned remote control equipments, they must provide reliable pollution monitoring results for each season and for the annual physical changes in each river. Two different equipments based on the impulse number and toxicity index showed different results for the operating rates and for the number of emergency checks required even though both were operated at the same conditions. The results are affected by many parameters such as the presence of any air bubbles and the microscopic pressure. The purpose of this study is to develop a method that can reduce the effect of bubbles or microscopic pressure on the monitoring data. We expect to achieve reliable monitoring data for water pollutants irrespective of the location of the equipment setup.
Supported by : 환경관리공단
- Lee, H. J., Seo, J. K., Jeung, J. H., Sin, J. N., Park, J. N., Park, J. M., Lee, J. J. and Yang, S. Y., 2003, "Ecotoxicological Studies on the Effect of Heavy Metals Using Daphnia Toximeter Korean Society on Water Quality," Korean Society on Water Quality, Vol. 11, pp. 209-212.
- Jeong, J. W., Cha, M. S., Joe, S. J. and Lee, S. J., 2001, "Acute and Chronic Toxicity of Heavy Metals to Daphnia Magna," Journal of the Environmental Sciences, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 293-293.
- Park, S.-H., Park, S.-H. and Kim, E.-S., 2007, "Implementation of Real-time Measurement Hardware for Activity of Water Flea and Remote Monitoring System Using CCD Camera," Journal of the Institute of Electronics Engineers of Korea Vol. 44, No. 5, pp. 30-37.
- Operation Manual, 2004 Daphnia Toximeter, BBE-Moldaenke, Germany, pp. 8-55.
- Chang, A. J., Choi, J. W., Yu, K. Y. and Kim, Y. I., 2007, "Band Selection of Hyperion Data Using Fractal Analysis," Journal of Korea Spatial Information System, pp. 241-246.
- Yoon, S. J., Lee, S. K. and Park, H. O., 2008, "Development of Continuous Water Quality Monitoring System Using the Daphnid Daphnia sp.," Korean Society on Water Quality, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 8-36.
- Choi, A., Park, J.-S. and Jung, H.-I., 2008, "Solid Medium Integrated Impedimetric Biosensor for Detection Of Microorganisms," The Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, p. 3187.
- Yoon, S.-I., Lim, M.-H., Park, S.-C., Shin, J.-S. and Kim, Y.-J., 2008, "Design and Fabrication of a Thermoelectric Biosensor for BCG Detection," The Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, pp. 261-262.