- Volume 34 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Study on Inverse Approach to Validation of Viscoplastic Model of Sn37Pb Solder and Identification of Model Parameters
Sn37Pb 솔더의 점소성 모델 검증 및 파라메터 추정을 위한 역접근법에 관한 연구
- Gang, Jin-Hyuk (School of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, Korea Aerospace Univ.) ;
- Lee, Bong-Hee (Dept. of Engineering Mechanics, Chungbuk Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Choi, Joo-Ho (School of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, Korea Aerospace Univ.) ;
- Joo, Jin-Won (Dept. of Engineering Mechanics, Chungbuk Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2010.04.07
- Accepted : 2010.07.16
- Published : 2010.10.01
The objective of this study is to determine the best material model that represents the deformation behavior of the Sn37Pb solder alloy accurately. First, a specimen is fabricated and subjected to a thermal cycle with temperatures ranging from the room temperature to
Sn-Pb Eutectic Solder;Creep;Viscoplasticity;Material Property Identification;Moir
Supported by : 한국과학재단
- Bodner, S. R., 2002, Unified Plasticity for Engineering Applications, Kluwer Academic / Plenum Publishers, New York.
- Garofalo, F., 1965, Fundamentals of Creep and Creep-Rupture in Metals, The Macmillan Company, New York.
- Anand, L., 1985, "Constitutive Equations for Hot-Working of Metals," International Journal of Plasticity, Vol. 1, pp. 213-231. https://doi.org/10.1016/0749-6419(85)90004-X
- Darveaux, R., Banerji, K., Mawer, A. and Dody, G., 1995, Ball Grid Array Technology, McGraw-Hill, New York, pp. 379-442.
- Wiese, S., Meusel, E. and Wolter, K. J., 2003, "Microstructural Dependence of Constitutive Properties of Eutectic SnAg and SnAgCu Solders," Proceedings of 53th Electronic Components and Technology Conference, pp. 197-206.
- Feustel, F., Wiese, S. and Meusel, E., 2000, "Time-Dependent Material Modeling for Finite Element Analyses of Flip Chips," Proceedings of 50th Electronic Components and Technology Conference, pp. 1548-1553.
- Darveaux, R., 1997, "Solder Joint Fatigue Life Model," Proceedings of 1997 TMS Annual Meeting, pp. 213-218.
- Wang, G. Z., Cheng, Z. N., Becker, K. and Wilde, J., 2001, "Applying Anand Model to Represent the Viscoplastic Deformation Behavior of Solder Alloys," Journal of Electronic Packaging, Vol. 123, No. 3, pp. 247-253. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.1371781
- Ye, H., Lin, M. and Basaran, C., 2002, "Failure Modes and FEM analysis of power electronic packaging," Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, Vol, 38, Issue 7, pp. 601-612. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-874X(01)00094-4
- Yeo, A., Lee, C. and Pang, H. L., 2006, "Flip Chip Solder Reliability Analysis Using Viscoplastic and Elastic-Plastic-Creep Constitutive Models," IEEE Transactions on Components and Packaging Technologies, Vol. 29, No. 2, pp. 355-363. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCAPT.2006.875893
- Kim, J. Y., Choi, J. H. and Joo, J. W., 2008, "A study on robust optimization of layered plates bonding process based on inverse analysis," Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 201, Issues 1-3, pp. 261-266. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2007.11.223
- Joo, J. W., Kim, H. J., Lee, W. H., Kim, J. Y. and Choi, J. H., 2007, "Material Parameters Identification of Adhesive in Layered Plates Using Moire Interferometry and Optimization Technique," Trans. of the KSME (A), Vol. 31, No. 11, pp. 1100-1107. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2007.31.11.1100
- Post, D., Han, B. and Ifju, P., 1997, High Sensitivity Moire: Experimental Analysis for Mechanics and Materials, Springer-Verlag, New York.
- Oh, K. H. and Joo, J. W., 2004, "Submicro-displacement Measuring System with Moire Interferometer and Application to the Thermal Deformation of PBGA Package," Trans. of the KSME (A), Vol. 28, No. 11, pp. 1646-1655. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2004.28.11.1646
- Hall, P. M., 1984, "Forces, Moments, and Displacements During Thermal Chamber Cycling of Leadless Ceramic Chip Carriers Soldered to Printed Boards," IEEE Transactions on Components, Hybrids, and Manufacturing Technology, Vol. CHMT-7, No. 4, pp. 314-327.
- Frear, D., Grivas, D. and Morris, J. W., 1988, "A Microstructural Study of the Thermal Fatigue Failures of 60Sn-40Pb Solder Joints," Journal of Electronics Materials, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 171-180. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02652148
- Pao, Y. -H., Badgley, S., Jih, E., Govila, R. and Browning, J., 1993, "Constitutive Behavior and Low Cycle Thermal Fatigue of 97Sn-3Cu Solder Joints," Journal of Electronic Packaging, Vol. 115, Issue 2, pp. 147-152. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2909310
- Pollack, D., 2003, "Validity of constitutive properties of ANAND model as applied to thermomechanical deformation analysis of eutectic solder, " Master of Science Thesis, University of Maryland.
- Dowling, N. E., 2007, Mechanical Behavior of Materials, Pearson Education International, New Jersey, pp. 772-848.
- Dieter, G. E., 1988, Mechanical Metallurgy, McGraw-Hill, London.
- Shi, X. Q., Zhou, W., Pang, H. L. J. and Wang, Z. P., 1999, "Effect of Temperature and Strain Rate on Mechanical Properties of 63Sn/37Pb Solder Alloy," Journal of Electronics Packaging, Vol. 121, pp. 179-185 https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2792681
- Lau, J. H., 1994, Handbook of Fine Pitch Surface Mount Technology, Wiley, New York.
- Qin, F., An, T. and Chen, N., 2010, "Strain Rate Effects and Rate-Dependent Constitutive Models of Lead-Based and Lead-Free Solders," Journal of Applied Mechanics, Vol. 77, Issue 1.
- Manko, H. H., 2001, Solders and Soldering, McGraw-Hill, New York.