- Volume 34 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Electromagnetic Flapping Shutters for Phone Cameras
폰 카메라용 전자기력 Flapping 셔터
- Choi, Hyun-Young (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, KAIST) ;
- Han, Won (Dept. of Bio and Brain Engineering, KAIST) ;
- Cho, Young-Ho (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, KAIST)
- Received : 2010.04.09
- Accepted : 2010.07.07
- Published : 2010.10.01
In this study, we present small-size, low-power, and high-speed electromagnetic flapping shutters for phone cameras. These shutters are composed of trapezoidal twin blades suspended by H-type torsional springs. The existing electrostatic rolling and flapping shutters need high input voltage, while the existing electromagnetic rotating shutters are too big to be used for phone cameras. To achieve low-power and high-speed angle motion for small-size electromagnetic flapping shutters for camera phones, low-inertia trapezoidal twin blades, each suspended by the low-stiffness H-type torsional springs, are employed. The electromagnetic flapping shutters used in this experimental study have steady-state rotational angles of
Phone Camera Shutter;Flapping Shutter;Electromagnetic Actuator;Lorentz Force
Grant : 생체모사 기법을 응용한 디지털나노구동기관의 구현에 관한 연구
Supported by : 디지털나노구동연구단
- Kim, C.-H., Kim, W.-D., Kwon, J.-O. and Jung, K.-D., 2009, “Micro Shutter Having Iris Function, Method for Manufacturing the Same, and Micro Camera Module Having the Same,” U.S. Patent 2009/0142050.
- Kawamura, S., 1998, “Capturing Images with Digital Still Cameras,” IEEE Micro, Nov.-Dec, pp.14-19.
- Jung, J., Lee, K. T., Lee, J., Lee, M. H., Hong, S.-N. and Ko, E.-S., 2005, “Camera Module Actuator and Electromechanical Shutter for Mobile Phone,” The Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, pp.740-743.
- Kim, C.-H., Jung, K.-D. and Kim, W., 2009, “A Wafer-Level Micro Mechanical Global Shutter for Micro Camera,” Conf. on IEEE MEMS 2009, pp.156-159.
- Takahashi, T., Mita, M., Fujita, H. and Toshiyoshi, H., 2005, “Electrostatic Micro-Shutter Array for Infrared Spectrograph,” Conf. on IEEE/LEOS Optical MEMS 2005, pp.156-159.
- Hao, Z., Wingfield, B., Whitley, M., Brooks, J. and Hammer, J. A., 2003, “A Design Methodology for a Bulk-Micromachined Two-Dimensional Electrostatic Torsion Micromirror,” J. Microelectromech. Syst., Vol.12, pp.692-701. https://doi.org/10.1109/JMEMS.2003.817888
- Norton, R. L., 2000. “Machine Design,” Prentice-Hall, Ch.5.
- Ogata, K., 1998, “System Dynamics,” Prentice-Hall, Ch.8.
- Wilson, C. J. and Beck, P. A., 1996, “Fracture Testing of Bulk Silicon Microcantilever Beams Subjected to a Side Load,” J. Microelectromech. Syst., Vol.5, pp.142-150. https://doi.org/10.1109/84.536620