- Volume 34 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Correlation of Human Carpal Motion and Electromyogram
인체 수관절 운동과 근전도의 상관관계
- Chun, Han-Yong (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Soongsil Univ.) ;
- Kim, Jin-Oh (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Soongsil Univ.) ;
- Park, Kwang-Hun (P&S Mechanics Co. Ltd.)
- Received : 2010.04.23
- Accepted : 2010.07.12
- Published : 2010.10.01
In this experimental study, we have examined the correlation between a human carpal motion and a surface electromyogram. The carpal motion patterns have been identified and the main muscles involved in the carpal motion have been determined by investigating the anatomical structure of a carpal. The torque acting against the carpal motion has been applied by using a device for carpal rehabilitation training, and the surface electromyogram signal corresponding to the torque at the main muscles has been measured. The root-mean-square (RMS) magnitude of the surface electromyogram signal has been calculated and used to analyze the correlation between the surface electromyogram signal and carpal motion. The experimental results have proved that for carpal torque values below
Carpal Motion;Electromyogram;Correlation;Rehabilitation Training Device
Supported by : (주)피앤에스미캐닉스
- Kizuka, T., Masuda, T., Kiryu, T., Sadoyama, T., 2006, Practical Usage of Surface Electromyogram, Tokyo Denki University Press.
- Lee, J. H., Lee, Y. S., Lee, J. O. and Park, S. H., 2007, "Biomechanical Gait Analysis and Simulation on the Normal, Cavus and Flat Foot with Orthotics," Journal of KSME(A), Vol. 31, No. 11, pp. 1115-1123. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2007.31.11.1115
- Lee, C. S. and Gonzalez, R. V., 2008, "Fuzzy Logic versus a PID Controller for Position Control of a Muscle-like Actuated Arm," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 22, No. 8, pp. 1475-1482. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-008-0424-7
- An, K. N., Kwak, B. M., Chao, E. Y. and Morrey, B. F., 1984, "Determination of Muscle and Joint Forces: A New Technique to Solve the Indeterminate Problem," Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, ASME, Vol. 106, pp. 364-367. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3138507
- Nagata, K. and Magatani, K., 2003, "Development of the Assist System to Operate a Computer for the Disabled," Proceedings of the 25th Annual International Conference of the IEEE EMBS, pp. 1666-1669.
- Choi, C. M., Han, H. N., Ha, S. D. and Kim, J., 2007, "Development of an EMG-Based Computer Interface for the Physically Handicapped," Human-Computer Interface Conference, pp. 222-227.
- Neuman, D. A., 2005, Kinesiology of the Musculoskeletal System, Mosby, Chapter 7.
- Mitsubishi, 2008, Mitsubishi Hysteresis Clutch and Brake Manual, pp. 11-12.
- Reaction of Ankle Muscles by Functional Electrical Stimulation vol.22, pp.1, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2012.22.1.015
- Functional Electrical Stimulation for Rehabilitation of a Shoulder Joint vol.37, pp.12, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2013.37.12.1121
- Kinematic Characteristics of Walking-Assistance Robot vol.35, pp.5, 2011, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2011.35.5.503