- Volume 34 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Low-Cycle Fatigue in Quenched Boron Steel Sheet Due to Hot Stamping
열간 성형된 보론강판의 저주기 피로 특성
- Jang, Won-Seok (Daegu Machinery Institute of Components & Materials) ;
- Suh, Chang-Hee (Daegu Machinery Institute of Components & Materials) ;
- Oh, Sang-Kyun (Daegu Machinery Institute of Components & Materials) ;
- Kim, Dong-Bae (Daegu Machinery Institute of Components & Materials) ;
- Sung, Jee-Hyun (Daegu Machinery Institute of Components & Materials) ;
- Jung, Yun-Chul (Daegu Machinery Institute of Components & Materials) ;
- Kim, Young-Suk (School of Mechanical Engineering, Kyungpook Natl. Univ.)
- 장원석 (대구기계부품연구원) ;
- 서창희 (대구기계부품연구원) ;
- 오상균 (대구기계부품연구원) ;
- 김동배 (대구기계부품연구원) ;
- 성지현 (대구기계부품연구원) ;
- 정윤철 (대구기계부품연구원) ;
- 김영석 (경북대학교)
- Received : 2010.05.26
- Accepted : 2010.07.08
- Published : 2010.10.01
Boron steel sheet is suitable for fabricating automobile parts because it is very strong and has low weight. Recently, many car makers are investigating the feasibility of fabricating the chassis part of automobiles using boron steel. In order to use boron steel sheets to fabricate the chassis part of automobiles, much better material property of low cycle fatigue life as well as high formability during hot stamping is required. Therefore, the low-cycle fatigue life of hot-stamped quenched boron steel was investigated in this study. The fatigue life observed at low strain amplitude was longer than that of an as-received boron steel sheet. However, the fatigue life reduced at high strain amplitude because of the low ductility and low fracture toughness of martensite, which was produced as a result of hot stamping.
Boron Steel Sheet;Hot Stamping;Low Cycle Fatigue
- Chae, M. S., Lee, G. D., Suh, Y. S., Lee, K. H. and Kim, Y. S., 2008, “Mechanical and Forming Characteristics of High-Strength Boron-Alloyed Steel with Hot Forming,” Trans. Mater. Process., Vol. 18. No. 3, pp. 236-244. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSPP.2009.18.3.236
- Bannantine, J. A., Comer, J. J. and Handrock, J. L., Fundamentals of Metal Fatigue Analysis, pp. 1-30.
- Sherman, A. M. and Davies, R. G., 1981, "The Effect of Martensite Content on the Fatigue of a Dual Phase Steel," Int. J. Fatigue, January, pp. 36-40.
- Chakraborti, P. C. and Mitra, M. K., 2005, “Room Temperature Low Cycle Fatigue Behaviour of Two High Strength Lamellar Duplex Ferrite Martensite (DFM) Steels,” Int. J. Fatigue, Vol.27, pp. 511-518. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijfatigue.2004.09.003
- Fournell, R.A., Grey, E.A. and Fine, M.E., 1976, “Fatigue Behaviour of a Precipitation Hardening Ni-Al-Cu Medium Carbon Steel,” Metall Trans A, Vol. I, No. 7, pp. 669-682.
- Thielen, P.N., Fine, M.E. and Fournelle, R.A., 1976, “Cyclic Stress Strain Relations and Strain Controlled Fatigue of 4140 Steel,” Acta Metall, Vol. 24, pp. 1-10. https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-6160(76)90140-1
- Klesnil, M. and Lukas, P., 1967, “Fatigue Softening and Hardening of Annealed Low Carbon Steel,” J Iron Steel Inst, pp. 746-749.
- Sarma, S., Padmanabhan, V. and Low, K.A., 1997, “Cycle Fatigue Behaviour of a Medium Carbon Microalloyed Steel,” Int J Fatigue, Vol.19, No. 2, pp. 135-140. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0142-1123(96)00060-6
- Mediratta, S.R., Ramaswami, V., Singh, V. and Rama Rao, P., 1990, “Low Cycle Fatigue of Dual Phase Steels Produced by Different Cooling Rates and a Ferrite-Pearlite Steel,” Scripta Metall, Vol. 24, pp. 793-797. https://doi.org/10.1016/0956-716X(90)90244-B
- Sankaran, S., Subramanya Sarma, V. and Padmanabhan, K.A., 2003, “Low Cycle Fatigue Behavior of a Multiphase Microalloyed Medium Carbon Steel,” Materials Science and Engineering A 345, pp. 328-335. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0921-5093(02)00511-7