- Volume 34 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Pass Schedule Design to Inhibit Surface Cracks Generation on Workpiece in Groove Rolling Process
공형압연 공정에서 소재 표면흠 발생억제를 위한 패스 스케줄 설계
- Na, Doo-Hyun (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Chung-Ang Univ.) ;
- Lee, Young-Seog (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Chung-Ang Univ.)
- Received : 2010.03.16
- Accepted : 2010.08.02
- Published : 2010.10.01
We simulated the roughing train of the rod mill of SEAH BESTEEL Inc. using finite element method to inhibit surface cracks initiation on workpiece. We designed 2nd pass (square roll) and applied to this roll in the roughing train of the rod mill. Also, we proposed new pass schedule, which changed roll gap of 3rd and 4th groove by using finite element method. We used shear damage model, which is dependent on shear stress ratio and compared the number of damaged elements on workpiece. A damaged element means surface crack. Consequently, after 2nd pass (square roll) is changed, the error rate decreased by 1.43% when compare to that of the old groove. And the number of damaged elements in the new pass schedule decreased by 37.6%, which is less than present pass schedule.
Groove Rolling;Surface Cracks;Pass Schedule; Shear Damage Model;Shear Stress Ratio
Supported by : 세아그룹 해암학술재단((주)세아베스틸)
- Eriksson, C., 2004, "Surface Cracks in Wire Rod Rolling," Steel Research International, Vol. 75, No. 12, pp. 818-828. https://doi.org/10.1002/srin.200405848
- Filipovic, M., Eriksson, C. and Overstam, H., 2006, "Behaviour of Surface Defects in Wire Rod Rolling," Steel Research International, Vol. 77, No. 6, pp. 439-444. https://doi.org/10.1002/srin.200606411
- Ervasti, E. and Stahlberg, U., 1999, "Behaviour of Longitudinal Surface Cracks in the Hot Rolling of Steel Slabs," Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 94, No. 2, pp. 141-150. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(99)00090-4
- Ervasti, E. and Stahlberg, U., 2000, "Transversal Cracks and Their Behaviour in the Hot Rolling of Steel Slabs," Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 101, No. 1, pp. 312-321. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(99)00481-1
- Awais, M., Lee, H.W., Im, Y.T., Kwon, H.C., Byon, S.M. and Park, H.D., 2008, "Plastic Work Approach for Surface Defects Prediction in the Hot Bar Rolling Process," Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 201, No. 1-3, pp.73-78. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2007.11.167
- Na, D. H., Cho, O. Y., Lee, J. H., Lee, Y. H. and Lee, Y., 2008, "Finite Element Analysis to Reduce the Wrinkle Initiation on Workpiece in Groove Rolling," The Korean Society For Technology of Plasticity, Vol. 17, No. 5, pp. 328-336. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSPP.2008.17.5.328
- Hooputra, H., Gese, H., Dell, H. and Werner, H., 2004, "A Comprehensive Failure Model for Crashworthiness Simulation of Aluminum Extrusions," International Journal of Crashworthiness, Vol. 9, No. 5, pp. 449-463. https://doi.org/10.1533/ijcr.2004.0289
- Kolmogorov, V.L., 1970, Spannungen Deformationen Bruch, Metallurgija, p. 230.
- Cai, M., Langford, S. C., Levine, L. E. and Dickinson, J. T., 2004, "Determination of Strain Localization in Aluminum Alloys Using Laser-Induced Photoelectron Emission," Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 96, No. 12, pp. 7189-7194. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1814420
- Shida, S., 1969, "Empirical Formula of Flow Stress of Carbon Steels Resistance to Deformation of Carbon Steels at Elevated Temperature," 2nd Report. Japan Society for Technology of Plasticity, Vol. 10, No. 103 pp. 610-617.