- Volume 34 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Comparative Analysis of Injection Molding Process by On-line Monitoring in Cylinder of Injection Molding Machine and in Cavity of Mold
사출성형기 실린더와 금형 캐비티의 실시간 모니터링을 이용한 사출성형공정 비교 분석
- Park, Hyung-Pi (Molding & Forming R&D Department, Korea Institute of Industrial Technology) ;
- Cha, Baeg-Soon (Molding & Forming R&D Department, Korea Institute of Industrial Technology) ;
- Tae, Jun-Sung (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Ajou Univ.) ;
- Choi, Jae-Hyuk (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Ajou Univ.) ;
- Rhee, Byung-Ohk (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Ajou Univ.)
- 박형필 (한국생산기술연구원 금형.성형연구부) ;
- 차백순 (한국생산기술연구원 금형.성형연구부) ;
- 태준성 (아주대학교 기계공학부) ;
- 최재혁 (아주대학교 기계공학부) ;
- 이병옥 (아주대학교 기계공학부)
- Received : 2010.05.10
- Accepted : 2010.06.30
- Published : 2010.10.01
Recently, on-line process monitoring systems using sensors are being extensively used to produce highquality products. However, the difficulty in installing the sensors within the mold in the cases of micro-molds, optical molds, and molds with complex structures is a serious disadvantage of such process monitoring systems. In this study, the quantitative index of a process monitoring system was evaluated with the mold cavity pressure and the nozzle pressure for the injection molding machine. In order to evaluate the effect of the nozzle pressure, we performed correlation analysis for the weight of the molded product. We also examined the control characteristics of the injection molding machine by analyzing the effect of multistage injection speed, holding pressure, and injection pressure limit on the process monitoring data.
- Kim, J. M., Jun, J. H. and Lyu, M. Y., 2005, “Pressure Distributions in the Cavity in Injection Molding for Various Operational Conditions,” Proc. Kor. Soc. Tech. Plast. Conf., pp.214-219.
- Chen, Z., Turng, L. S. and Wang, K. K., 2006, “Adaptive Online Quality Control for Injection-Molding by Monitoring and Controlling Mold Separation,” Polymer Engineering and Science, Vol. 46, No. 5, pp.569-580. https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.20509
- Wen, S. S. L., Jen, C. K. and Nguyen, K. T., 1999, “Advances in On-line Monitoring of the Injection Molding Process Using Ultrasonic Techniques,” Int`l Polymer Processing, Vol. 14, pp.175-182.
- Park, H. P., Kang, J. G., Jang, H. G., Cho, Y. G. and Rhee, B. O., 2006, “The Analysis of Process Conditions and Application of the Process Monitoring System to Minimize Shrinkage of Injection Molded Parts,” Korea Society of Rheology Conference, pp.25-28.
- Michael, R. and Rodney, J., 2002, “Comparing Cavity Pressure Sensor Technologies Using In-Mold Data,” ANTEC 2002.
- Stephan, O., Alexandre, P. and Christopher, J. B., 1998, “A Prcesss Monitoring and Control System for Injection Molding Using Nozzle-Based Pressure and Temperature,” Polymer Engineering and Science, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp.141-148.
- A Development of Feature Extraction and Condition Diagnosis Algorithm for Lens Injection Molding Process vol.31, pp.11, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2014.31.11.1031
- Metamodel-based design optimization of injection molding process variables and gates of an automotive glove box for enhancing its quality vol.30, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-016-0328-x