- Volume 34 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
High-Speed Inkjet Monitoring Module for Jetting Failure Inspection
잉크액적 토출불량 검출을 위한 고속 잉크젯 모니터링 모듈
- Shin, Dong-Youn (Nano-Mechanical Systems Research Division, Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials)
- 신동윤 (한국기계연구원 나노융합생산시스템 연구본부)
- Received : 2010.05.10
- Accepted : 2010.07.24
- Published : 2010.10.01
Since inkjet printing is being employed in production lines of electronics and display industries, the tack time for inspection of jetting failure has become very important because the throughput of the inkjet printing system can be extended to the maximum limit by adopting a shorter jetting inspection time. The most popular method for inspecting jetting failure involves the use of a linear stage, a high magnification lens, and a charge coupled devicecamera. However, this conventional approach requires approximately 60 s to complete the jetting inspection and might not be suitable for a high-speed reciprocating jetting inspection in endurance tests due to the unwanted mechanical vibration. In this study, a novel concept of an inkjet monitoring module is introduced, which has an overall inspection time of 18 s. For the shorter tack time of jetting inspection, the parameters affecting the tack time are discussed in this paper.
- Shimoda, T., Morii, K., Seik, S. and Kiguchi, H., 2003, “Inkjet Printing of Light-Emitting Polymer Displays,” MRS Bull., pp. 821-827.
- Koo, H. S., Chen, M., Pan, P. C., Chou, L. T., Wu, F. M., Chang, S. J. and Kawai, T., 2006, “Fabrication and Chromatic Characteristics of the Greenish LCD Colour-Filter Layer with Nano-Particle Ink Using Inkjet Printing Technique,” Displays, Vol. 27, pp. 124-129. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.displa.2006.04.001
- Koo, H. S., Chen, M. and Pan, P.-C., 2006, “LCD-Based Color Filter Films Fabricated by a Pigment-Based Colorant Photo Resist Inks and Printing Technology,” Thin Solid Films, Vol. 515, pp. 896-901. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsf.2006.07.159
- Mantysalo, M. and Mansikkamaki, P., 2009, “An Inkjet-Deposited Antenna for 2.4 GHz Applications,” Int. J. Electron. Commun. (AEU), Vol. 63, pp. 31-35. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aeue.2007.10.004
- Paul, K. E., Wong, W. S., Ready, S. E. and Street, R. A., 2003, “Additive Jet Printing of Polymer Thin-Film Transistors,” Appl. Phys. Lett., Vol. 83, No. 10, pp. 2070-2072. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1609233
- Teng, K.F. and Vest, R. W., 1988, “Metallization of Solar Cells with Ink Jet Printing and Silver Metallo-Organic Inks,” IEEE Trans. Compon. Hybrids Manuf. Technol., Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 291-297. https://doi.org/10.1109/33.16656
- Albertalli, D., 2005, “Gen 7 FPD Inkjet Equipment - Development Status,” SID Symposium Digest of Technical Papers, Vol. 36, No. 1, pp. 1200-1203.