- Volume 34 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Study of the FEM Forming Analysis of the Al Power Forging Piston
유한요소해석을 이용한 알루미늄분말단조 피스톤 성형해석에 관한 연구
- Kim, Ho-Yoon (Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information Supercomputer Center) ;
- Park, Chul-Woo (Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information Supercomputer Center) ;
- Kim, Hyun-Il (Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information Supercomputer Center) ;
- Park, Kyung-Seo (Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information Supercomputer Center) ;
- Kim, Young-Ho (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan National Univ.) ;
- Joe, Ho-Sung (Dept. Of Mechanical Engineering at Pusan National Univ.)
- 김호윤 (한국과학기술정보연구원) ;
- 박철우 (한국과학기술정보연구원) ;
- 김현일 (한국과학기술정보연구원) ;
- 박경서 (한국과학기술정보연구원) ;
- 김영호 (부산대학교 기계공학부) ;
- 조호성 (부산대학교 정밀기계대학원)
- Received : 2010.05.13
- Accepted : 2010.07.26
- Published : 2010.10.01
Powder metallurgy processes are used to form Net-Shape products and have been widely used in the production of automobile parts to improve its manufacture productivity. Powder-forging technology is being developed rapidly because of its economic merits and because of the possibility of reducing the weight of automobile parts by replacing steel parts with aluminum ones, in particular while manufacturing automotive parts. In the powder-forging process, the products manufactured by powder metallurgy are forged in order to remove any pores inside them. Powderforging technology can help expand the applications of powder metallurgy; this is possible because powder-forging technology enables the minimization of flashes, reduction of the number of stages, and possible grain refinement. At present, powder forging is widely used for manufacturing primary mechanical parts as in combination with the technology of powder forging of aluminum alloy pistons.
Powder Forging;Piston;Finite Element Analysis;DEFORM/3D
- Kim, J. S. and Kim, K. T., 1998, "Densification Behavior of Mixed Metal Powders under Cold Compaction,” Trans. Of the KSME A, Vol. 22, No. 8, pp. 1553-1565.
- Hur, M. D., Jang, G. B. and Kang, S. S., 1999, "A Study on the strength and Fatigue Behavior of Automobile Powder Material,” Trans. Of the KSME A, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 230-237.
- Park, J. J., 1993, "A Yield Function for Sintered Porous Metals,” Trans. Of the KSME A, Vol. 17, No. 5, pp. 115-1122.
- Cho, J. R., Joo, Y. S. and Kim, Y. H., 2000, "Characteristic Analysis of Powder Forging Processes for Engine Pistons by Finite Element Analysis,” Trans. Of the KSME A, Vol. 24, No. 8, pp. 2042-2049.
- Jang, D. H. and Hwang, B. B., 1998, "Friction Effect on the Powdered Metal Compaction,” J. of the Korean Society for Technology of Plasticity, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 114-126.
- Hwang, B. B. and Kobayashi, S., 1990, "Deformation Characterization of Powdered Metals in Compaction,” Int. J. Mach. Tools Manufacture, Vol. 31, No. 1 pp. 123-127. https://doi.org/10.1016/0890-6955(91)90056-9
- Hwang, B. B. and Kobayashi, S., 1994, "Application of the Finite Element Method to Powdered Metal Compaction Process of Multilevel Flanged Parts,” Int. J. Mach. Tools Manufacture, Vol. 34, No. 3, pp. 424-426.
- Park, J. O., Park, C. W. and Kim, Y. H., 2001, "A Study on the Powder Forging of Aluminum Alloy Pistons,” Int. J. of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering, Vol.3 No.4, pp. 69-74.
- Doraivelu, S. M., Gegel, H. L., Gunasekera, J. S., Malas, J. C., Morgan, J. T. and Thomas, J. F., 2001, "A New Yield Function for Compressible P/M Materials,” Private Communication.
- Shima, S. and Oyan, M., 1976, "Plasticity Theory for Porous Metals,” Int. J. Mech. Sci., Vol. 18, pp. 285-291. https://doi.org/10.1016/0020-7403(76)90030-8
- Altan, T., 2005, Cold and Hot Forging Fundamentals and Applications, The Materials Information Society, ASM, USA.
- Duggirala, R. and Shivpuri, R., 1992, "Effects of Processing Parameters in P/M Steel Forging on Part Properties,” Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, Vol.1, pp. 505-516. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02682688
- Jang, H. S., 1997, The Handbook of Advanced Aluminum Technology, Han Lim Won Publishing Co. Ltd, KOREA, pp. 671-825.