- Volume 34 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Study on Improvement of Dimensional Accuracy of a Precision Plastic Screw Under Various Injection-Molding Conditions
사출성형 조건에 따른 정밀 플라스틱 나사의 형상정밀도 향상에 관한 연구
- Baek, Soon-Bo (Graduate School, Seoul Nat'l Univ. Tech.) ;
- Park, Keun (School of Mechanical Design and Automation Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ. Tech.) ;
- Youm, Chung-Ho (Graduate School, Seoul Nat'l Univ. Tech.) ;
- Ra, Seung-Woo (Research Center, Seoul Metal Co. Ltd.)
- Received : 2010.05.13
- Accepted : 2010.08.02
- Published : 2010.10.01
Recently, plastic screws have replaced metal screws because of the former's light weight, thermal and electrical insulating properties, and anticorrosion characteristics. Plastic screws are usually produced by injection molding, which involves material shrinkage during the solidification of the polymer. This shrinkage results in the degeneration of the dimensional accuracy. In the present study, the effect of injection-molding conditions on the dimensional accuracy of plastic screws was investigated through a numerical simulation of injection molding; on the basis of this simulation, we could determine the mold-design parameters. The design of experiment was applied in accordance with the numerical analysis in order to optimize the injection-molding conditions with a view to improving the dimensional accuracy of the precision plastic screw.
Injection Molding;Plastic Screw;Numerical Analysis;Design of Experiment
Supported by : 한국산업기술재단
- Kao, Y. C., Cheng, H. Y. and She, C. H., 2007, "Development of an Integrated CAD/CAE/CAM System on Taper-Tipped Thread-Rolling Die-Plates," J. Mater. Proc. Tech., Vol. 177, pp. 98-103. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2006.04.082
- Shin, M. S., Cha, S. H., Kim, J. B., Kim, J. H. and Rha, S. W., 2009, "Thread Rolling Analysis for Lead Screw Process Design," Elast. Composites, Vol. 44, pp. 384-390.
- Katti, S. S. and Schultz, J. M., 1982, "The Microstructure of Injection-Molded Semicrystalline Polymers: a Review," Polym. Eng. Sci., Vol. 22, pp. 1001-1017. https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.760221602
- Fitchmun, D. and Newman, S., 2000, "On the Effect of Crystallinity on the Elastic Properties of Semi-Crystalline Polyethylene," Polym. Eng. Sci., Vol. 22, pp. 330-335.
- Chu, J., Kamal, M. R., Derdouri, S. and Hrymak A., 2008, "Effects of Processing Conditions on Mechanical Properties and Crystallinity of Micro Injection Molded Thermoplastics," Proc. SPE ANTEC, pp. 2468-2472.
- Park, K. and Kim, Y. S., 2009, "Effect of Mold Temperature on Mechanical Properties of an Injection-Molded Part with Microfeatures," J. Polym. Engng., Vol. 29, pp. 135-154. https://doi.org/10.1515/POLYENG.2009.29.1-3.135
- Park, K., Ahn, J. H. and Yim, C. H., 2003, "Residual Stress Estimation and Deformation Analysis for Injection Molded Plastic Parts Using Three-Dimensional Solid Elements," Trans. of the KSME (A), Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 507-514. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2003.27.4.507
- Park, K. and Ahn, J. H., 2004, "Design of Experiment Considering Two-Way Interactions and Its Application to Injection Molding Processes with Numerical Analysis," J. Mater. Proc. Tech., Vol. 146, pp. 221-227. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2003.10.020
- Numerical Analysis of Mold Deformation Including Plastic Melt Flow During Injection Molding vol.38, pp.7, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.7.719
- Thermal-Fluid Coupled Analysis for Injection Molding Process by Considering Thermal Contact Resistance vol.35, pp.12, 2011, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2011.35.12.1627