- Volume 24 Issue 3
Engineering Properties of Flowable Composite Soil with Waste Tire and Bottom Ash
폐타이어-저회가 혼합된 유동성 복합지반재료의 공학적 특성
- Kim, Yun-Tae (Department of Ocean Engineering, Pukyong National University) ;
- Kang, Hyo-Sub (Geotechnical & Tunnel Dept., Dodam Engineering & Construction CO., LTD)
- Received : 2010.01.13
- Accepted : 2010.06.18
- Published : 2010.06.30
This study investigated the engineering properties of waste tire powder-bottom ash added composite soil, which was developed to recycle dredged soil, bottom ash, and waste tire powder. Test specimens were prepared using 5 different percentages of waste tire powder content(0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% by weight of the dry dredged soil), three different percentages of bottom ash content (0%, 50%, and 100% by weight of the dry dredged soil), and three different particle sizes of waste tire powder (0.1~2 mm, 0.9~5 mm, and 2~10 mm). Several series of unconfined compression tests, direct shear tests, and flow tests were conducted. The experimental results indicated that the waste tire powder content, particle size of waste tire powder, and bottom ash content influenced the strength and stress-strain behavior of the composite soil. The flow value increased with an increase in water content, but decreased with an increase in waste tire powder content.
Recycling;Bottom ash;Waste tire powder;Unconfined compressive test;Flow test
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- 김윤태, 강효섭 (2008). "유동성 뒷채움재인 폐타이어 혼합경량토에 대한 실험적 연구", 한국해양공학회지, 제22권, 제5호, pp 112-118.
- 김윤태, 한우종, 정두회 (2007). "준설토와 Bottom Ash 재활용 을 위한 복합지반재료 개발", 한국 지반공학회 논문집, 제 23권, 제11호, pp 77-85.
- 산업자원부 (2002). 자원활용.소재 및 리싸이클링 기술동향 분석연구, 최종보고서, pp 22-25.
- 이용수, 조진우, 유준, 김세호, 정하익 (2005). "산업부산물의 포졸란 반응성과 지반개량재의 공학적 특성", 한국폐기물학회지, 제22권, 제1호, pp 17-26.
- 코오롱건설 (2001). 폐타이어 고무분말 특성분석 및 국내.외 시장조사를 통한 마케팅 전략 수립, 코오롱건설주식회사.
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM). Test Method for Flow Consistency of Controlled Low Strength Material (CLSM), ASTM D 6103.
- Foose, G., Benson, C. and Bosscher, P. (1996). "Sand Reinforced with Shredded Waste Tires", Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, Vol 122, No 9, pp 760-767. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9410(1996)122:9(760)
- Ghazavi, M. and Sakhi, M.A. (2005a). "Influence of Optimized Tire Shreds on Shear Strength Parameters of Sand", International Journal of Geomechnics, Vol 5, No 1, pp 58-65. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1532-3641(2005)5:1(58)
- Ghazavi, M. and Sakhi, M.A. (2005b). "Optimization of Aspect Ratio of Waste Tire Shreds in Sand-Shred Mixtures Using CBR Tests", Geotechnical Testing Journal, Vol 28, No 6, pp 564-569.
- Jaturapitakkul, C. and Cheerarot, R. (2003). "Development of Bottom Ash as Pozzolanic Material", Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, Vol 15, No 1, pp 48-53. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0899-1561(2003)15:1(48)
- Lee, H.J., Salgado, R., Bernal, A. and Lovell, W.C. (1999). "Shredded Tires and Rubber-Sand as Lightweight Backfill", Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, Vol 125, No 2, pp 132-141. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1090-0241(1999)125:2(132)
- Japan Highway Public Corporation (1992). Mortar Flow Test, Japan Highway Public Corporation Test Method, JHS A 313-1992.
- Lok, M.H. and Yu, H.J. (2006). "Laboratory Study on the Mechanical Behavior of Tire Chip-Sand Mixture", Pavement Mechanics and Performance (GSP 154), ASCE, pp 157-164.
- Masad, E., Taha, R., Ho, C. and Papagiannakis, T. (1996). "Engineering Properties of Tire/Soil Mixtures as a Lightweight Fill Material", Geotechnical Testing Journal, Vol 19, No 3, pp 297-304. https://doi.org/10.1520/GTJ10355J
- Pierce, C.E. and Blackwell, M.C. (2003). "Potential of Scrap Tire Rubber as Lightweight Aggregate in Flowable Fill", Waste Management, 23, pp 197-208. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0956-053X(02)00160-5
- Tsuchida, T. and Egashira, K. (2004). The Lightweight Treated Soil Method, New Geomaterials for Soft Ground Engineering in Coastal Areas, A.A. Balkema Publisher, London.
- Wu, J.Y. and Tsai, M. (2009). "Feasibility Study of a Soil- Based Rubberized CLSM", Waste Management, Vol 29, No 2, pp 636-642. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wasman.2008.06.017
- Youwai, S. and Bergado, D.T. (2003). "Strength and Deformation Characteristics of Shredded Rubber Tire–Sand Mixtures", Canadian Geotechnical Journal, Vol 40, No 2, pp 254-264. https://doi.org/10.1139/t02-104
- Zornberg, J.G., Cabral, A.R. and Viratjandr, C. (2004). "Behavior of Tire Shred-Sand Mixtures", Canadian Geotechnical Journal, Vol 41, No 2, pp 227-241. https://doi.org/10.1139/t03-086