- Volume 24 Issue 3
Weight Function Theory for Piezoelectric Materials with Crack in Anti-Plane Deformation
균열을 가진 압전재료에 대한 면외 변형에서의 가중함수이론
- Son, In-Ho (Department of Mechanical Design Engineering, Pusan National Univ.) ;
- An, Deuk-Man (Department of Mechanical Design Engineering, Pusan National Univ.)
- Received : 2009.12.09
- Accepted : 2010.06.18
- Published : 2010.06.30
In this paper, an electroelastic analysis is performed on a piezoelectric material with an open crack in anti-plane deformation. Bueckner’s weight function theory is extended to piezoelectric materials in anti-plane deformation. The stress intensity factors and electric displacement intensity factor are calculated by the weight function theory.
Piezoelectric;Complex potential function;Weight function;Stress intensity factor;Electric displacement intensity factor
Supported by : 부산대학교
- An, D. (1987). "Weight Function Theory for a Rectilinear Anisotropic Body", Int. J. of Fracture, Vol 34, pp 85-109. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00019766
- An, D. and Son, I. (2007). "Weight Functions for Notched Structures with Anti-Plane Deformation", Int. J. of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, Vol 8, pp 60-63.
- Chen, B.J., Liew, K.M. and Xiao, Z.M. (2004). "Green's Functions for Anti-Plane Problems in Piezoelectric Media with a Finite Crack", Int. J. of Solids and Structures, Vol 41, pp 5285-5300. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsolstr.2004.04.010
- Gao, H., Zhang, T. and Tong, P. (1997). "Local and Global Energy Release Rates for an Electrically Yielded Crack in a Piezoelectric Ceramic", J. Mech. Phys. Solids, Vol 45, pp 491-510. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-5096(96)00108-1
- Li, C. and Weng, G.J. (2002). "Antiplane Crack Problem in Functionally Graded Piezoelectric Materials", J. of Applied Mechanics, Vol 69, pp 481-488. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.1467091
- McMeeking, R. and Ricoeur, A. (2003). "The Weight Function for Cracks in Piezoelectrics", Int. J. of Solids and Structures, Vol 40, pp 6143-6162. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7683(03)00366-4
- Pak, Y. (1990). "Crack Extension Force in a Piezoelectric Material", J. of Applied Mechanics, Vol 57, pp 647-653. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2897071
- Parton, V.Z. and Kudryavtsev, B.A. (1988). Electromagnetoelasticity Piezoelectrics and Electrically Conductive Solids, Gordon and Breach Science Publishers.
- Sosa, H. (1991). "Plane Problems in Piezoelectric Media with Defects", Int. J. of Solids and Structures, Vol 28, pp 491-505. https://doi.org/10.1016/0020-7683(91)90061-J
- Suo, Z., Kuo, C.M., Barnett, D.M. and Willis, J.R. (1992). "Fracture Mechanics for Piezoelectric Ceramics", J. of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, Vol 40, pp 736-765. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-5096(92)90002-J
- Zhang, T. and Hack, J.E. (1992). "Mode-III Cracks in Piezoelectric Materials", J. Appl. Phys., Vol 71, pp 5865-5870. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.350483