- Volume 25 Issue 4
Some convergence theorems for approximating to a common fixed point of an infinite family of strictly pseudocontractive mappings of Browder-Petryshyn type are proved in the setting of Banach spaces by using a new composite implicit iterative process with errors. The results presented in the paper generalize and improve the main results of Bai and Kim , Gu , Osilike , Su and Li , and Xu and Ori .
strictly pseudocontractive mapping of Browder-Petryshyn type;implicit iteration process with errors;common fixed point
- C. Bai and J. K. Kim, An implicit iteration process with errors for a finite family of asymptotically quasi-nonexpansive mappings, Nonlinear Funct. Anal. Appl. 9 (2004), no. 4, 649–658.
- F. E. Browder and W. V. Petryshyn, Construction of fixed points of nonlinear mappings in Hilbert space, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 20 (1967), 197–228.
- S. S. Chang, Some problems and results in the study of nonlinear analysis, Nonlinear Anal. 30 (1997), no. 7, 4197–4208. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0362-546X(97)00388-X
- F. Gu, The new composite implicit iterative process with errors for common fixed points of a finite family of strictly pseudocontractive mappings, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 329 (2007), no. 2, 766–776. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmaa.2006.07.005
- M. O. Osilike, Implicit iteration process for common fixed points of a finite family of strictly pseudocontractive maps, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 294 (2004), no. 1, 73–81. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmaa.2004.01.038
- M. O. Osilike, S. C. Aniaghosor, and B. G. Akuchu, Fixed points of asymptotically demicontractive mappings in arbitrary Banach spaces, Panamer. Math. J. 12 (2002), no. 2, 77–88.
- Y. F. Su and S. Li, Composite implicit iteration process for common fixed points of a finite family of strictly pseudocontractive maps, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 320 (2006), no. 2, 882–891. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmaa.2005.07.038
- H. K. Xu and R. G. Ori, An implicit iteration process for nonexpansive mappings, Numer. Funct. Anal. Optim. 22 (2001), no. 5-6, 767–773.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea