- Volume 22 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Slump and Mechanical Properties of Hybrid Steel-PVA Fiber Reinforced Concrete
강섬유와 PVA 섬유로 하이브리드 보강된 콘크리트의 슬럼프 및 역학적 특성
- Yang, Keun-Hyeok (Dept. of Architectural Engineering, Kyonggi University)
- 양근혁 (경기대학교 건축공학과)
- Received : 2010.04.01
- Accepted : 2010.05.28
- Published : 2010.10.31
Sixteen concrete mixes reinforced with hybrid steel-polybinyl alcohol (PVA) fibers and a control concrete mix with no fiber were tested in order to examine the effect of the micro and macro fibers on the slump and different mechanical properties of concrete. Main variables investigated were length and volume fraction of steel and PVA fibers. The measured mechanical properties of hybrid fiber reinforced concrete were analyzed using the fiber reinforcing index and compared with those recorded from monolithic steel or PVA fiber reinforced concrete. The initial slump of hybrid fiber reinforced concrete decreased with the increase of the aspect ratio and the volume fraction of fibers. In addition, splitting tensile strength, modui of rupture and elasticity, and flexural toughness index of concrete increased with the increase of the fiber reinforcement index. Modulus of rupture and flexural toughness index of hybrid fiber reinforced concrete were higher than those of monolithic fiber reinforced concrete, though the total volume fraction of hybrid fibers was lower than that of monolithic fiber. For enhancing the flexural toughness index of hybrid fiber reinforced concrete, using the steel fiber of 60 mm length was more effective than using the steel fibers combined with 60 mm and 30 mm lengths.
Supported by : 국립문화재연구소
- ACI Committee 544, “Fiber Reinforced Concrete,” ACI Special Publication SP-81, American Concrete Institute, 1984.
- Snyder, M. L. and Lankard, D. R., “Factors Affecting the Strength of Steel Fibrous Concrete,” ACI Journal, Proceedings, Vol. 69, No. 2, 1972, pp. 96-100.
- Shah, S. P., Ludirdja, D., Daniel, J. I., and Mobasher, B., “Toughness-Durability of Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete Systems,” ACI Materials Journal, Vol. 85, No. 5, 1988, pp. 352-360.
- Balaguru, P. and Shah, S., “Fiber Reinforced Cement Composites,” McGraw Hill, 1992.
- 철근콘크리트분과위원회, 섬유보강콘크리트, 기술보고서 ATR 97-2, 대한건축학회, 1997.
- Quan, C. X. and Stroeven, P., “Fracture Properties of Concrete Reinforced with Steel-Polypropylene Hybrid Fibres,” Cement and Concrete Composites, Vol. 22, No. 4, 2000, pp. 343-353. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0958-9465(00)00033-0
- Ahmed, S. F. U. and maalej, M., “Tensile Strain Hardening Behaviour of Hybrid Steel-Polyethylene Fibre Reinforced Cementitious Composites,” Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 23, No. 1, 2009, pp. 96-106. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2008.01.009
- 원종필, 박찬기, “하이브리드 섬유보강 콘크리트의 특성 및 적용,” 콘크리트학회지, 18권, 1호, 2006, pp. 22-27.
- Yao, U., Li, J., and Wu, K., “Mechanical Properties of Hybrid Fiber-Reinforced Concrete at Low Fiber Fraction,” Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 33, No. 1, 2003, pp. 27-30. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-8846(02)00913-4
- Lawler, J. S., “Hybrid Fiber Reinforcement in Mortar and Concrete,” Ph.D Thesis, Department of Civil Engineering, Northwestern University, USA, 2001.
- Johnston, C. D., “Steel Fibre Reinforced Mortar and Concrete-A Review of Mechanical Properties,” Fiber Reinforced Concrete, SP-44, ACI, 1974, pp. 127-142.
- Song, P. S. and Hwang, S., “Mechanical Properties of High-Strength Steel Fiber-Reinforced Concrete,” Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 18, No. 9, 2004, pp. 669-673. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2004.04.027
- Arisoy, B. and Wu, H. C., “Material Characteristics of High Performance Lightweight Concrete Reinforced with PVA,” Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 22, No. 4, 2008, pp. 635-645. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2006.10.010
- 김무한, 김재환, 김용로, 김영덕, “마이크로 및 매크로 섬유에 의해 보강된 고인성 시멘트 복합재료의 역학적 특성에 관한 실험적 연구,” 콘크리트학회 논문집, 17권, 2 호, 2005, pp. 263-271. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2005.17.2.263
- 양근혁, 오승진, “섬유보강 콘크리트의 역학적특성에 대한 섬유체적비와 길이의 영향,” 한국건축시공학회 논문집, 8권, 1호, 2008, pp. 43-48. https://doi.org/10.5345/JKIC.2008.8.1.043
- 한국공업표준협회, KS 규준안: KS F 2405, KS F 2423, KS F 2408, 2006.
- ASTM C1018, Standard Method for Flexural Toughness and First-Crack Strength of Fiber Reinforced Concrete (using beam with third-point loading), American Society for Testing and Materials, 2006.
- ACI Committee 318, Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (ACI 318-08) and Commentary (ACI 318R-08), American Concrete Institute, 2008.
- Hannant, D. J., Fibre Cements and Fibre Concrete, John Wiley & Sons, UK, 1978.
- Beaudoin, J. J., Handbook of Fiber-Reinforced Concrete: Principles, Properties, Developments and Applications, Noyes Publications, 1990.
- Visalvanich, K. and Naaman, A. E., “Fracture Model for Fiber Reinforced Concrete,” ACI Journal, Vol. 80, No. 2, 1983, pp. 128-138.
- Oluokun, F. A., “Prediction of Concrete Tensile Strength from its Compressive Strength: Evaluation of Existing Relations for Normal Weight Concrete,” ACI Materials Journal, Vol. 88, No. 3, 1991, pp. 302-309.
- Xu, G., Magnani, S., and Hannant, D. J., “Tensile Behavior of Fiber-Cement Hybrid Composites Containing Polyvinyl Alcohol Fiber Yarns,” ACI Materials Journal, Vol. 95, No. 6, 1998, pp. 667-674.
- Mechanical Properties and Impact Resistance of Hybrid Fiber Reinforced Concrete with Type of Reinforcing Fibers for Precast Concrete vol.55, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2013.55.4.029
- Comparison Analysis of Fiber Distribution and Workability for Amorphous Steel Fiber Reinforced Concrete vol.23, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7844/kirr.2014.23.4.47
- Chloride Penetration Resistance and Flexural Behavior of Hybrid Organic Fibers Reinforced Concrete vol.14, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.12814/jkgss.2015.14.4.105
- Influence of Measurements of Lathe Scrap on the Characteristics of Fiber Reinforced Cementitious Composites vol.6, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.11004/kosacs.2015.6.2.070
- Workability and Strength Properties of Hybrid Fiber Reinforced Concrete Using Amorphous Steel Fiber and Organic Fiber vol.6, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.11004/kosacs.2015.6.4.058
- Workability and Mechanical Properties of Hybrid Fiber Reinforced Concrete Using Amorphous Steel Fiber and Polyamide Fiber vol.4, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14190/JRCR.2016.4.4.470
- Flexural Performance of Polypropylene Fiber Reinforced EVA Concrete vol.58, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2016.58.2.083
- Influence of Water-Binder Ratio and Expansion Admixture on Mechanical Properties of Strain-Hardening Cement-Based Composite with Hybrid Steel and Polyethylene Fibers vol.24, pp.3, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2012.24.3.233