- Volume 13 Issue 3
Identification of Track Irregularity using Wavelet Transfer Function
웨이브렛 전달함수를 이용한 궤도틀림 식별
- Received : 2010.02.10
- Accepted : 2010.05.31
- Published : 2010.06.26
This paper presents a methodology for identifying track irregularity using a wavelet transfer function. An equivalent wavelet SISO (single-input single-output) transfer function is defined by the measured track geometry and the acceleration data measured at a bogie of a train. All the measured data with various sampling frequencies were rearranged according to the constant 25cm reference recording distance of the track recording vehicle used in the field. Before applying the wavelet transform, measured data were regressed by eliminating those out of the range. The inverse wavelet transfer function is also formulated to estimate track geometry. The closeness of the estimated track geometry to the actual one is evaluated by the coherence function and also by FRF (frequency response function). A track irregularity index is defined by comparing the variance of the estimation error from the intact condition and that from the current condition. A simulation study has been carried out to examine the proposed algorithm.
- P.F. Weston, C.S. Ling, C. Roberts, C.J. Goodman, P. Li, R.M. Goodall (2007) Monitoring vertical track irregularity from inservice railway vehicles, Proc. IMechE Part F:J. Rail and Rapid Transit, 221(F1), pp. 75-88. https://doi.org/10.1243/0954409JRRT65
- P.F. Weston, C.S. Ling, C. Roberts, C.J. Goodman, P. Li, R.M. Goodall (2007) Monitoring vertical track irregularity from inservice railway vehicles, Proc. IMechE Part F:J. Rail and Rapid Transit, 221(F1), pp. 89-100. https://doi.org/10.1243/0954409JRRT64
- H.D. Lee (2002) Analysis using wavelet transform and signal measurement, Yeungnam University.
- S.H. Lee, D.H. Yoon (2004) Theory and Application of Wavelet Transform, BOSUNG.
- J.C. Kim (2009) Identification of track irregularity by frequency- domain transfer function, Journal of Korean Society For Railway, No. 4. pp. 506-510.
- M. Unser, A. Aldroubi, and S.P. Schiff (1994) Fast implementation of the continuous wavelets transform with integer scale, IEEE Transformation on Signal Processing, 42(12), pp.3519- 3523 https://doi.org/10.1109/78.340787
- A. Grossman, J. Morlet (1984) Decomposition of functionin to wavelets of constant shape and related transform, Center for Interdisciplinary Research and Research Center Bielfeld-Bochum, University of Bielfeld, Repot No. 11.
- J.R. Hartin (2001) Application of a wavelet-based frequency response function to the analysis of a bilinear system, Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering, 4359(2), pp. 1414-1419.
- K. Keissar, L.R. Davrath, and S. Akselrod (2006) Time-frequency wavelet transform coherence of cardio-respiratory signals during exercise, Computers in Cardiology, 33, pp. 733-736.
- K.-R. Yoon (2008) Identification of railway track irregularity by using frequency-domain transfer function, Inha University.
- H. Sohn and C. R. Farrar (2001) Damage diagnosis using time series analysis of vibration signals, Smart Materials and Structures, No. 10, pp. 1-6.
- I.-H. Yu (2006) Analysis method for the measured track geometry data using wavelete transform, Journal of the Korean Society For Railway 2006, No. 2 pp. 187-192.
- Y.M. Kim (2008) Estimation of rail irregularities by using acceleration values, Korean Society For Railway 2008.