- Volume 24 Issue 1
A Study by Proposal of Efficiency Increase for a Full-scale Wastewater Reclamation Facility using a Biofilter Packed with Granular Sulfur
하수처리수 재이용을 위한 실규모 입상황 생물막여과 시설의 효율증대 방안에 관한 연구
- Received : 2009.12.07
- Accepted : 2010.02.12
- Published : 2010.02.15
This study was performed to increase the removal efficiency of the biofilter packed with granular sulfur in municipal wastewater reclamation facility. Constituent units were influent water tank, denitrification tank, BOD reduction tank and outlet. And, the major operation factor is a biofilter packed with submerged granular sulfur. Actual wastewater and synthetic wastewater were used as influent wastewater. Experimental condition was divided into two phases according to the amount of a phosphorus coagulant. Total phosphorus removal efficiency was insignificant at mode I that phosphorus coagulant was not injected. The average influent and effluent total phosphorus concentrations at mode II were 0.5 ~ 1.0 mg/L and 0.27 mg/L, respectively. As for COD and BOD effluent concentrations, COD was 3.0 mg/L and BOD was 1.0 mg/L. Additionally, nitrogen removal rates were high at low influent DO concentration. In conclusion, a new process, biofilter packed with granular sulfur is expected to treat high-rate nitrogen wastewater and expected to be utilized as an alternative of technological innovation for the nitrogen treatment.
Supported by : 인하대학교
- Batchelor, B. and Lawrence, A. W. (1989) Autotrophic Denitrification using Elemental Sulfur, JWPCF, 50(8), 1986-2001.
- 변정섭, 범봉수, 조광명 (2000) 황을 이용한 독립영양탈질에서의 체류시간과 온도의 영향, 대한환경공학회지, 22(3), 405-415.
- 이동욱, 박재홍, 배재호 (2000) 황-이용 독립영양 탈질시 알칼리도 저감을 위한 종속영양 탈질의 이용방안, 대한환경공학회지, 22(11), 1995-2005.
- 추인준, 황용우, 김창균, 이시진 (2002) 황 충전 섬소상 담체를 이용한 질산화탈질 동시수행, 대한환경공학회지, 24(2), 185-194.
- Oh, S. E., Bum, M. S., Yoo, Y. B., Zubair, A. and Kim, I. S. (2002) Nitrate Removal by Simultaneous Sulfur utilizing Autotrophic and Heterotrophic Denitrification under Different Organics and Alkalinity Conditions: Batch Experiments, Water Sci. Tech., 47(1), 237-244.
- 이진우, 이한웅, 이수연, 권수열, 최의소, 박용근 (2003) 독립영양 탈질특성을 고려한 질소제거와 미생물의 분포특성비교, 대한환경공학회지, 25(11), 1352-1358.
- 이수원, 김규동, 최영균, 김동한, 정태학 (2004) 미생물 성장 특성에 기초한 독립영향탈질의 화학양론식 연구, 대한상하수도학회지, 18(2) 121-127.
- Claus, G. and Kutzner, H. J. (1985) Physiology and Kinetics of Autotrophic Denitrification by Thiobacillus Denitrification, Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol., 22, 283-288.
- Justin, P. and Kelly, D. P. (1978) Metabolic changes in Thiobacillus Denitrificans accompanying the transition from aerobic to anaerobic growth in continuous chemostat culture, J. Gen. Microbiol., 107, 131-137 https://doi.org/10.1099/00221287-107-1-131
- 환경부 (2004) 수질환경오염공정시험법, 환경부고시 제 2004-188호.
- APHA, AWWA and WEF (1998) Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 20th edition, Washington DC, USA.
- Koenig, A. and Liu, L. H. (1997) Autotrophic Denitrification of Nitrified Landfill Leachate by Thiobacillus Denitrificans, Proceedings of the 8th International Conference of Anaerobic Digestion, Sendai Japan, 299-306.
- Koenig, A. and Liu, L. H. (2001) Kinetic Model of Autotrophic Denitrification in Sulfur Packed-Bed Reactor, Water Res., 35(8), 1969-1978. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(00)00483-8
- Discroll, T. C. and Bisogni, J. J. (1978) The Use of Sulfur and Sulfide in Packed Bed Reactors for Autotrophic Denitrification, J. WPCF., March, 569-577
- Zhang, T. C. and Shan, J. (1999) In situ septic tank effluent denitrification using a sulfurlimestone process, Wat Env. Res., 71, 1283-1291. https://doi.org/10.2175/106143096X122447
- Mann, L. D., Focht, D. D., Josep, H. A. and Stolzy L. H. (1972) Increased denitrification in soils by addition of sulfur as an energy source, J. Environ. Qual., 1, 329