- Volume 10 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
C2DPCA & R2DLDA for Face Recognition
얼굴 인식 시스템을 위한 C2DPCA & R2DLDA
- Received : 2009.12.23
- Accepted : 2010.07.21
- Published : 2010.08.28
The study has proposed a method that simultaneously takes advantage of each projection matrix acquired by using column-directional two-dimensional PCA(C2DPCA) and row-directional two-dimensional LDA(R2DLDA). The proposed method can acquire a great secure recognition rate, with no relation to the number of training images, with acquired low-dimensional feature matrixes including both the horizontal and the vertical features of a face. Besides, in the alternate experiment of PCA and LDA to row-direction and column-direction respectively(C2DPCA & R2DLDA, C2DLDA & R2DPCA), we could make sure the system of 2 dimensional LDA with row-directional feature(C2DPCA & R2DLDA) obtain higher recognition rate with low dimension than opposite case. As a result of experimenting that, the proposed method has showed a greater recognition rate of 99.4% than the existing methods such as 2DPCA and 2DLDA, etc. Also, it was proved that its recognition processing is over three times as fast as that of 2DPCA or 2DLDA.
- T. Kanade, "Picture processing by computer complex and recognition of human faces," Ph.D thesis, Kyoto University, 1973.
- M. Turk and A. Pentland, "Eigenfaces for recognition," Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience, Vol.3, No.1, pp.71-86, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1162/jocn.19188.8.131.52
- P. N. Belhumeur, J. P. Hespanha, and D. J. Kriegman, "Eigenfaces vs. Fisherfaces: Recognition using class specific linear projection," IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.19, No.7, pp.711-720, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/34.598228
- J. Yang, D. Zhang, A. F. Frangi, and J. Yang,"Two-dimensional PCA: a new approach to appearance-based face representation and recognition," IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.26, No.1, pp.131-137, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2004.1261097
- M. Li and B. Yuan, "2D-LDA: A statistical linear discriminant analysis for image matrix," Pattern Recognition Letters, Vol.26, No.5, pp.527-532, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patrec.2004.09.007
- L. Wang, X. Wang, X. Zhang, and J. Feng "The equivalence of two-dimensional PCA to line-based PCA," Pattern Recognition Letters, Vol.26, No.1, pp.57-60, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patrec.2004.08.016
- P. Nagabhushan, D. S. Guru, and B. H. Shekar, "(2D)2 FLD: An efficient approach for appearance based object recognition," Neurocomputing, Vol.69, No.7-9, pp.934-940, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neucom.2005.09.002
- P. Samguansat, W. Asdornwised, S.Jitapunkul, and S. Marukatat. "Two dimensional linear discriminant analysis of principle component vectors for face recognition," IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing(ICASSP), pp.345-348, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICASSP.2006.1660350
- S. Noushath, G. H. Kumar, and P. Shivakumara, "Diagonal Fisher linear discriminant analysis for efficient face recognition," Neurocomputing, Vol.69, No.13-15, pp.1711-1716, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neucom.2006.01.012
- D. Zhang, Z. H. Zhou, and S. Chen, "Diagonal principal component analysis for face recognition," Pattern Recognition, Vol.39, No.1, pp.140-142, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patcog.2005.08.002
- J. Yang, D. Zhang, X. Yong, and J. Y. Yang, "Two-dimensional discriminant transform for face recognition," Pattern Recognition, Vol.38, No.7, pp.1125-1129, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patcog.2004.11.019
- L. Wang, X. Wang, and J. Feng, "On image matrix based feature extraction algorithms," IEEE Trans. Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Vol.36, No.1, pp.194-197, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMCB.2005.852471
- S. Noushath, G. H. and P. Shivakumara, "(2D)2LDA: An efficient approach for face recognition," Pattern Recognition, Vol.39, No.7, pp.1396-1400, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patcog.2006.01.018
- Andy Hopper FREng, “The database of Faces,” AT&T Lab., “http://www.cl.cam. ac.uk/research/dtg/attarchive/facedatabase.html,” 2002.