- Volume 10 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A TDMA Based Data Collection Scheme Considering the Variability of Data in Sensor Networks with Mobile Sink
이동 싱크 기반 센서 네트워크에서 데이터 변화율을 고려한 TDMA 기반 데이터 수집 기법
- Received : 2010.05.10
- Accepted : 2010.05.31
- Published : 2010.08.28
In data collection using a mobile sink, the time that sensor nodes are included in its communication radius is not uniform. The data collection schedule in non-uniform time is needed between a mobile sink and sensor nodes for efficient data collection. The existing data collection schemes using a mobile sink considered staying time in its communication range and data collected by the mobile sink. However, they did not consider the characteristics of data collected in sensor networks. In this paper, we propose a TDMA based schedule scheme that consists of the data collection period by each sensor nodes and the data collection period between a mobile sink and sensor nodes. Moreover, we propose a data collection scheme considering the variability of data in sensor networks. The proposed data collection scheme collects only data that changed larger than the threshold set by the user. In order to show the superiority of the proposed scheme, we compare it with DWEDF that aims to collect data uniformly. As a result, our experimental results show that the proposed scheme reduces about 23% energy consumption and the data collection failure of sensor nodes over the DWEDF.
Sensor Network;Mobile Sink;Data Collection
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- H. Karl and A. Willing, “A short survey of wireless sensor networks,” TKN Technical Report TKN-03-18, 2003.
- N. Xu, S. Rangwala, K. Chintalapudi, D. Ganesan, A. Broad, R. Govindan, and D. Estrin, “A Wireless Sensor Network for Structural Monitoring,” In Proceedings. The ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1145/1031495.1031498
- S. Subramanian and S. Shakkottai, “Geographic Routing with Limited Information in Sensor Networks,” Fourth International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/IPSN.2005.1440935
- D. Sharma, V. Zadorozhny, and P. K. Chrysanthis, “Timely Data Delivery in Sensor Networks Using Whirlpool,” Second International VLDB Workshop on Data Management for Sensor Networks (DMSN 2005), 2005. https://doi.org/10.1145/1080885.1080895
- J. Luo, J. Panchard, M. Piorkowski, M. Grossglauser, and J. P. Hubaux, “MobiRoute: Routing towards a Mobile Sink for Improving Lifetime in Sensor Networks,” International Conference on Distributed Computing in Sensor Systems, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1007/11776178_29
- S. R. Gandham, M. Dawande, R. Prakash, and S. Venkatesan, “Energy Efficient Schemes for Wireless Sensor Networks with Multiple Mobile Base Stations,” Global Telecommunications Conference, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/GLOCOM.2003.1258265
- http://www.itl.nist.gov/div897/sqg/dads/HTML /firstocome.html
- G. C. Buttazzo, “Hard Real-Time Computing Systems: Predictable Scheduling Algorithms and Applications,” Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1997.
- A. Demers, S. Keshav, and S. Shenker, “Analysis and Simulation of a Fair Queueing Algorithm,” ACM SIGCOMM, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1145/75246.75248
- 조영태, 박총명, 이좌형, 정인범, “모바일 싱크 기반 무선 센서 네트워크에서 균등한 데이터 수집을 위한 데이터 가중치 기반 스케줄링 기법”, 정보과학회논문지: 정보통신 제35권 제1호, 2008.