- Volume 10 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Development of Image Quality Enhancement of a Digital Camera with the Application of Exposure To The Right Exposure Method
ETTR 노출 방법을 활용한 디지털 카메라의 화질 향상
- Received : 2010.04.06
- Accepted : 2010.07.22
- Published : 2010.08.28
Raw files record luminance values corresponds to each pixel of a digital camera sensor. In digital imaging, controlling exposure to capture the first highlight stop is important on linear-distribution of raw file characteristic. This study sought to verify the efficiency of ETTR method and found the optimum over-exposure amount to maintain the first highlight stop to be the largest number of levels. This was achieved by over-exposing a scene with a raw file and converting it to under-exposure in a raw file converting software. Our paper verified the efficiency of ETTR by controlling the exposure range and ISOs. Throughout the results, if exposure increases gradually 6 steps, dynamic range is also increased. And it shows that the optimized exposure value is around +
Digital Camera;ETTR(Exposure To The Right);Raw file;Noise;Dynamic rang;Image quality
- B. Fraser and J. Schewe, Camera Raw With Adobe Photoshop CS3, Peachpit press, pp.22-23, 2006.
- B. Fraser and J. Schewe, Image Sharpening With Adobe Photoshop, Camera Raw, and Lightroom, Addison-Wesley, pp.58-61, 2009.
- H. Park, K. Park, and D. Har, “Correlation test between digital camera parameters and visual noise,” International Symposium on Consumer Electronics, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISCE.2008.4559454
- K. Eismann, Real World Digital Photography, Pearson Education, pp.78-83, 2004.
- International Standard Organization, ISO 15739 Photography - electronic still - picture cameras - methods - noise measurements, 2004.
- International Standard Organization, ISO 14524 Photography - Electronic Still - picture Cameras - methods for measuring Opto - Electronic Conversion Fuctions(OECFs), 1999.
- International Standard Organization, ISO 12233 Photography - Electronic Still - picture Cameras - Resolution measurements, 2000.