- Volume 10 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Processing Techniques for Non-photorealistic Contents Rendering in Mobile Devices
모바일 기기에서의 비실사적 콘텐츠 렌더링을 위한 프로세싱 기법
- Received : 2010.05.18
- Accepted : 2010.07.20
- Published : 2010.08.28
Recently, development of mobile service and increased demand for mobile device make mobile environment noticeable in computer graphics. Especially demand for 3D graphic services in mobile devices is steadily increased. However up to the present non-photorealistic rendering is mainly studied in desktop platform. In the result, existing research were designed for desktop computers and are not well-suited for mobile devices. Thus, there is a growing needs for processing techniques that provide the ability to render 3D non-photorealistic graphics through mobile devices. In this paper, we discuss processing techniques for non-photorealistic rendering that are especially cartoon shading and rendering in mobile devices. Through the result of this research, it is expected that silhouette edge rendering for mobile display environment and preprocessing file technique for shading. The efficiency of 3D mobile graphic service like 3D model in cartoon style is increased by using proposed preprocessing file and rendering pipeline. Our work can provide mobile cartoon rendering results and various mobile contents to users.
Non-photorealistic;Cartoon Rendering;Preprocess;Rendering Pipeline
- W3C Device Independence Working Group, http://www.w3.org/2001/di/
- OPEN GLIES, http://www.opengles.org
- B. Gooch and A. Gooch, Non-Photorealistic Rendering, A K Peters, Ltd., 2001.
- T. strothotte and S. Schlechtweg, Non-photorealistic omputer graphics: modeling, rendering, and animation, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers Inc., 2002.
- A. Appel, "The notion of quantitative invisibility and the machine rendering of solids," In Proceedings of ACM National Conference, pp.387-393, 1967. https://doi.org/10.1145/800196.806007
- G. Elber and E. Cohen, "Hidden curve removal for free form surfaces," In Proceedings of SIGGRAPH '90, pp.95-104, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1145/97880.97890
- L. Markosian, M. A. Kowalski, S. J. Trychin, L. D. Bourdev, D. Goldstein, and J. F. Hughes, "Real-Time Nonphotorealistic Rendering," In Proceedings of SIGGRAPH '97, pp.415-220, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1145/258734.258894
- R. Raskar and M. Cohen, "Image Precision Silhouette Edges," In Proceedings of the symposium on Interactive 3D Graphics, pp.135-140, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1145/300523.300539
- T. Goodwin, I. Vollick, and A. Hertzmann, "Isophote Distance: A Shading Approach to Artistic Stroke Thickness," In Proceedings of NPAR '07, pp.53-62, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1145/1274871.1274880
- D. DeCarlo and S. Rusinkiewicz, "Highlight Lines for Conveying Shape," In Proceedings of NPAR '07, pp.63-70, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1145/1274871.1274881
- A. Lake and C. Marshall, "Stylized rendering techniques for scalable real-time 3D animation," In Proceedings of NPAR '00, pp.13-20, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1145/340916.340918