- Volume 10 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Measurement of Emotional Transition Using Physiological Signals of Audiences
관객의 생체신호 분석을 통한 감성 변화
- Received : 2010.05.24
- Accepted : 2010.07.20
- Published : 2010.08.28
Audience observing visual media with care experience lots of emotional transition according to characteristics of media. Enjoy, sadness, surprising, etc, a variety of emotional state of audiences is often arranged by James Russell's 'A circumplex model of affect' utilized on psychology. Especially, in various emotions, 'Uncanny' mentioned by Sigmund Freud is represented a sharp medium existing in a crack of clearly emotional conception. Uncanny phenomenon is an emotional state of changing from unpleasant to pleasant on an audience observing visual media is been aware of immoral media generally, therefore, because this is a positive state on a social taboo, we need to analyze with a scientific analysis clearly. Therefore, this study will organize James Russell's 'A circumplex model of affect' and uncanny phenomenon, will be progressed to establish a hypothesis about a state of uncanny on audiences observing visual media and analyze results of the physiological signals experiment based on ECG(Electronic Cardiogram), GSR(Galvanic Skin Response) signals with distribution, distance, and moving time in a circumplex model of affect.
Physiological Signals;A Circumplex Model of Affect;Uncanny
- Daniela Palomba, Michela Sarlo, Alessandro Angrilli, “Alessio Mini, Luciano Stegagno, Cardiac responses associated with affective processing of unplesant film stimuli,” International Jounal of Psychophysiology, Vol.36, pp.45-57, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-8760(99)00099-9
- Nancy Alvarado, "Arousal and Valence in the Direct Scaling of Emotional Response to Film Clips," Motivation and Emotion, Vol.21, No.4, pp.323-348, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1024484306654
- P. Ekman, Basic Emotion in:T.Dalgleish, M.Power, Handbook of Cognition and Emotion, 1999.
- L. Guttman, "A new approach to factor analysis: The radex. In P. F. Lazarsfeld," Mathematical thinking in the social sciences, pp.258-348, 1954.
- G. A. Fisher, "Theoretical and methodological elaborations of the circumplex model of personality traits and emotions. In R. Plutchik & H. R. Conte," Circumplex models of personality and emotions, pp.245-269, 1997.
- J. Russell, "Two pancultural dimensions of emotion words," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol.45, pp.1285, 1983.
- D. Galati and B. Sini, "Les Mots Pour Dire les Emotions: Recherche sur la structire du Lexique Emotional Italien," Revue de Semantique et Pragmatique, Vol.4, p.151, 1998.
- D. Galati and B. Sini, "chelonnement Multidimensionnel de Termes du Lexique Francais des Emotions : Une Comparison Entre Trois Procedes Analyse," Les Cahiers Internationaux de psychologie Sociale, Vol.37, p.87, 1998.
- R. Myllyniemi, The interpersonal circle and the emotional undercurrents of human sociability. In R. Plutchik & H. R. Conte, Circumplex Models of Personality and Emotion, 1997.
- G. S. Action and W. Revelle, "Evaluation of Ten Psychometric Criteria for Circumplex Structure," Methods of Psychological Research Online, Vol.9, No.1, pp.1-27, 2004.
- R. Plutchik, H. R. Conte, Circumplex models of personality and emotions, American Psychological Association, 1997.
- S. Freud, "The 'Uncanny'(1919).," The Standard Edition of the Complete Psychological Works of Sigmund Freud Trans. James Strachey. London: Hogarth P, Vol.17, pp.224-226, 1955.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_Valley, 2007
- M. Mori, "Bukimi no tani the uncanny valley," Energy, Vol.7, pp.33-35, 1970.
- D. Hanson, Exploring the aesthetic range for humanoid robots, Proceedings of the ICCS/CogSci-2006 Symposium: Toward Social Mechanisms of Android Science, Vancouver, Canada, 2006.
- Gary E. Schwarz, and A. Daniel, Weinberger, Jeferson A. Singer, "Cardiovascular Differentiation of Happniss, Sadness, Anger, and Fear Following Imagery and Exercise," Psychosomatic Medicine, Vol.43, No.41981, 1981.
- C. Christian, V. Evelyne, D. Georges, and D. Andre, "Autonomic nervous system response patterns specificity to basic emotions," Journal of the autonomic nervous system, Vol.62, pp.45-57, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-1838(96)00108-7
- T. Y. Kwon, "A World Where a Solution is Another Problem: the Uncanny of Freud and Tonni Morrison," Univ. Kyung-Hee research of humanities, Vol.1, pp.343-364, 1996.
Supported by : 숭실대학교 BK21 디지털영상산학공동사업단