- Volume 10 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Effects of Message Framing on the Advertising Effectiveness: -Moderating Role of Regulatory Focus and Product Type-
메시지 프레이밍이 광고효과에 미치는 영향: -조절초점과 제품유형의 조절효과-
- Received : 2010.04.08
- Accepted : 2010.07.27
- Published : 2010.08.28
The effects of message framing have been major research themes in marketing and advertising field and several studies on these effects have been conducted. The purpose of this study is to analyze the direct effects of message framing on the ad and brand attitude, and the moderating effects of regulatory focus and product type in these direct effects. Results from experiments indicate that message framing have significant effects on ad and brand attitude. And consumers' regulatory focus plays a moderating role between message framing and ad, brand attitude. We did not found the moderating effects of product type between message framing and ad, brand attitude. Finally, we summarized these results, discussed contributions and limitations of this study.
Message Framing;Regulatory Focus;Product Type;Ad Attitude;Brand Attitude
- 김재휘, 신진석, “공해방지 광고의 프레이밍 효과: 환경에 대한 주의각성과 행위정보 제공의 매개적 영향,” 광고연구, 제49권, 55-75, 2004.
- 김재휘, 전진안, “목표행동에 대한 사회적 지지정도에 따른 메시지 프레이밍의 설득효과,” 한국심리학회지: 소비자.광고, 제10권, 제3호, 419-435, 2009.
- 이경렬, 최민욱, 허정무,“메시지 프레이밍 유형에 따른 광고효과에 관한 연구-선유경향과 자아감시 수준의 상호작용을 중심으로,” 한국광고홍보학회 추계학술대회, 47-55, 2006.
- 이유재, 이지영, “브랜드 동일시, 브랜드 감정, 브랜드 로열티의 관계에 관한 연구-실용적 제품과 쾌락적 제품 간의 비교,” 광고연구, 제65권, 101-125, 2004.
- 조형오, 김병희, “비만예방 광고의 메시지 유형별 설득효과 차이분석,” 광고학연구, 제11권 제4호, 165-185, 2000.
- 허종호, “옵션 프레이밍 효과에 대한 옵션 유형과 조절적 동기의 조절적 역할,” 마케팅연구, 제22 권, 제1호, 141-159, 2007.
- A. Y. Lee and J. L. Aaker, "Bringing the Frame into Focus: The Influence of Regulatory Fit on Processing Fluency and Persuation," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 86(February), 205-218, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.199
- B. E. Meyerowitz and C. Shelly, "The Effect of Message Framing on Breast Self-Examination Attitudes, Intentions, and Behavior," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol.52(3), 500-510, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35188.8.131.520
- Cobb-Walgren, J. Cathy and A. Cynthia Ruble, "Naveen Donthu, Brand Equity, Brand Preference, and Purchase Intent," Journal of Advertising, Vol.24(3), 25-40, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1080/00913367.1995.10673481
- C. K. DeDreu, J. Lualhati and C. McCusker, "Effects of Gain-Loss Frames on Satisfaction with Self-other Outcome Differences," European Journal of Social Psychology, Vol.24, 497-510, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1002/ejsp.2420240407
- D. Grace and A. O'Cass, "Attributions of Service Switching: A Study of Consumers' and Providers' Perceptions of Child-care Service Delivery," Journal of Services Marketing, Vol.15(4), 300-321, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1108/EUM0000000005508
- E. T. Higgins, "Beyond Pleasure and Pain," American Psychologist, Vol.52(December), 1280-1300, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.52.12.1280
- G. E. Smith, "Framing in Advertising and the Moderating Impact of Consumer Education," Journal of Advertising Research, Vol. 36(5), 49-64, 1996.
- J. Anderoni, "Cooperation in Public-Goods Experiments: Kindness or Confusion?," The American Economic Review, Vol.85, 891-904, 1995.
- Kees Jeremy, B. Scot and H. T. Andrea,"The Impact of Regulatory Focus, Temporal Orientation, and Fit on Consumer Responses to Health-Related Advertising," Journal of Advertising, Vol. 39(1), 19-34, 2010. https://doi.org/10.2753/JOA0091-3367390102
- L. G. Block and P. A. Keller, "When to Accentuate the Negative: The Effects of Perceived Efficacy and Message Framing on Intentions to Perform a Health-Related Behavior," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 32(2), 192-203, 1995. https://doi.org/10.2307/3152047
- M. A. Gerend and J. E. Shepherd, "Using Message Framing to Promote Acceptance of the Human Papillomavirus," Health Psychology, Vol. 26(6), 745-752, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1037/0278-6184.108.40.2065
- M. B. Holbrood and E. C. Hirchman, "The Experiential Aspect of Consumption," Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 15(Sep), 132-140, 1982.
- N. Liberman, L. C. Idson, C. J. Camacho and E. T. Higgins, "Promotion and Prevention Choices between Stability and Change," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 77(6), 1135-1145, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.115
- Y. Gnazach and N. Karsahi, "Message Framing and Buying Behavior: A Field Experiment," Journal of Business Research, Vol.32, 11-17, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0148-2963(93)00038-3
- Price Evaluations on Tourist of Jeju Tourism Package Product: Focused on Prospect Theory vol.13, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.06.469