- Volume 10 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Variations of Oral Cavity Environment according to Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Concentration of Toothpaste
세치제의 Sodium Lauryl Sulfate함유 정도에 따른 구강환경변화
- Received : 2010.06.10
- Accepted : 2010.07.08
- Published : 2010.08.28
This study used 3 kinds of experimental toothpaste prepared with different contents of SLS, i.e. A (0%), B (1.1%), C (2.2%). These 150 subjects were subdivided again into three groups. After 4 weeks application of the three kinds of toothpaste, it was found that there were differences in dental plaque test (PHP) among the 3 groups; that is; a higher SLS content was associated with a lower PHP index. In addition, it was found that all 3 groups showed a reduction in simplified oral hygiene index (OHI-S). After 4 weeks application of the three groups of toothpaste, it was found that a higher SLS content was associated with a lower salivary flow, but there was no significant variation in salivary mucosity and pH. Further, it was found that SLS was negatively correlated with salivary flow, which supports the theory that SLS may induce xerostomia.
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate(SLS);Salivary;Oral Cavity Environmental;Xerostama
- 예방치학연구회, 현대예방치학, 군자출판, p.111, pp.348-356, 2008.
- 김종배, 백대일, 신승철, 임상예방치학 4판, 고문사, pp.108-114, pp.331-349, 2005.
- 민윤식. 화장품에서 계면활성제의 응용과 실례, 성균관대학교 대학원 석사학위논문, 2004.
- Eric C, Contents of toothpaste - safety implications, Aust Prescr, No.17, pp.49-51, 1994.
- Fakhry-Smith S, C. Din, S. A. Nathoo, and A. Gaffar, Clearance of sodium lauryl sulfate from the oral cavity. J Clin Periodontal, Mary, Vol.24, No.5, pp.313-317, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-051X.1997.tb00763.x
- B. B. Herlofson and P. Barkvoll, sodium lauryl sulfate and recurrent aphthous ulcers, A preliminary study, Acta Odontol Scand, 52, pp.257-259, 1994. https://doi.org/10.3109/00016359409029036
- C. M. Healy, A. T. Cruchley, M. H. Thornhill, and D. M. Williams, The effect of a sodium lauryl sulfate, triclosan and zinc on the permeability of normal oral mucosa. Oral Diseases, Vol.6, No.2, pp.118-23, 2000(3). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1601-0825.2000.tb00112.x
- J. L. Jensen and P. Barkvoll, Clinical implications of dry mouth. Oral mucosal diseases. Ann N Y Acad Sci. Vol.15, No.842, pp.156-162, 1998(4). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1749-6632.1998.tb09643.x
- 김혜영, 구강생리학, 고문사, pp.225-242, 2005.
- 이형숙, 구강미생물학, 청구문화사, pp.223-241, 2005.
- B. Jensen, and D. Bratthall, A new method for the estmation of mutans streptococci in human saliva, Journal of Dental Research, 68, pp.468-471, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1177/00220345890680030601
- P. Barkvoll, and G. Rolla, Triclosan protects the skin against dermatitis caused by sodium lauryl sulfate exposure, J Clin Periodontal, Vol.21, No.10, pp.717-719, 1994(11). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-051X.1994.tb00792.x
- I. Rantanen, K. Jutila, I. Nicander, J. Tenovuo, E. Soderling, The effects of two sodium lauryl sulphate-containing toothpastes with and without betaine on human oral mucosa in vivo, Swedish dental Journal. Vol.27, No.1, pp.31-34, 2003.
- E. Soderling, A. Le Bell, V. Kirstila, and J. Tenovuo, Betaine-containing toothpaste relieves subjective symptoms of dry mouth, Acta Odontol Scand, Vol.56, No.2, pp.65-69, 1998(4). https://doi.org/10.1080/00016359850136003
- 조자원, sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) 비배합 세치제가 타액분비와 구취에 미치는 영향, 대한임상예방치과학회. Vol.2, No.3, pp.178-188, 2006.
- 유기종, 최유진, 타액의 분비량, 점조도, 완충능 및 이온농도에 관한분석연구, 대한구강보건학회지, Vol.15, No.1, pp.55-69, 1991.
- 식품첨가물공전, 고시 제2009-59호, 식품의약품 안전청, 2009.