- Volume 10 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Relationship among Privacy Concerns, Self Discrepancy and Sense of Virtual Communities
커뮤니티 서비스에서 프라이버시 염려, 자아불일치 및 공동체 의식의 관계
- Received : 2010.07.21
- Accepted : 2010.08.11
- Published : 2010.08.28
The objective of this research examines the relationships among privacy concerns, self discrepancy, and sense of virtual communities. According to the relevant literature review, we considered information privacy concerns factor as information collection, control, and awareness of privacy practice, and sense of community factor as membership and immersion on virtual communities. This research surveyed for the online community user and employed hierarchical regression model for the moderating effect test. The results of empirical analysis turns out that awareness of privacy concerns practice has negative impact on the self discrepancy, on the other hand, information collection and control factors do not affect. The next finding is internet use duration has moderating effect on the self discrepancy with information control and awareness of privacy concerns practice. The last findings are self discrepancy affect on the community membership and does not affect on the community immersion. It could be a good guide line for the operational direction on virtual community.
Online community;Privacy Concerns;Self Discrepancy;Membership
Supported by : 서강대 경영전문대학원 BK 사업단
- A. D. Miyazaki and A. Fernandez, "Internet Privacy and Security: An Examination of Online Retailer Disclosures," Journal of Public Policy and Marketing, Vol.19, No.1, pp.54-61. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1509/jppm.188.8.131.5242
- N. K. Malhotra, S. S. Kim, and J. Agarwal, “Internet Users’ Information Privacy Concerns (IUIPC): The Construct, The Scale, and A Causal Model.” Information Systems Research, Vol.15, No.4, pp.336-355. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.1040.0032
- D.-H. Shin, "The Effect of Trust, Security and Privacy in Social Networking: A Security-based Approach to Understand the Pattern of Adoption," Interacting with Computers, Vol.22, No.5, pp.428-438, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intcom.2010.05.001
- M. J. Culnan and R. J. Bies, "Consumer Privacy: Balancing Economic and Justice Considerations," Journal of Social Issues, Vol.59, No.2, pp.323-342, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1111/1540-4560.00067
- 이호근, 이상훈, “정보 프라이버시의 향후 연구방향 도출을 위한 선행연구 분석: 온라인 상에서 정보 프라이버시 염려를 중심으로”, 정보화정책, 제16권, 제2호, pp.3-26, 2009.
- I.-H. Hann, K.-L. Hui, T. S. Lee, and I. P. L. Png, "Online Information Privacy: Measuring the Cost-Benefit Trade-Off," 23rd International Conference on Information Systems, pp.1-8, 2002.
- G. R. Milne and M. J. Culnan, "Using the Content of Online Privacy Notices to Inform Public Policy: A Longitudinal Analysis of the 1998-2001 U.S. Web Surveys," The Information Society, Vol.18, No.5, pp.345-359, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1080/01972240290108168
- H. J. Smith, S. J. Milberg, and S. J. Burke, "Information Privacy: Measuring Individuals' Concerns about Organizational Practices," MIS Quarterly, Vol.20, No.2, pp.167-196, 1996. https://doi.org/10.2307/249477
- T. Dinev and P. Hart, "An Extended Privacy Calculus Model for E-Commerce Transactions," Information Systems Research, Vol.17, No.1, pp.61-80, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.1060.0080
- K. A. Stewart and A. H. Segars, "An Empirical Examination of the Concern for Information Privacy Instrument," Information Systems Research, Vol.13, No.1, pp.36-49, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.184.108.40.206
- 유일, 신정신, 이경근, 최혁라, “프라이버시 염려 영향요인이 인터넷 이용자의 신뢰와 온라인 거래 의도에 미치는 영향”, Journal of Information Technology Applications & Management, 제15 권, 제4호, pp.37-59, 2008.
- 최혁라, 신정신, “온라인 거래에서 프라이버시 염려의 선행요인과 프라이버시 염려, 신뢰간의 관계에 관한 연구”, 정보시스템연구, 제16권, 제3 호, pp.21-44, 2007.
- 이준기, 최희재, 최선아, “서비스의 유용성과 프 라이버시 염려도가 개인화된 서비스 수용성에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구”, 한국전자거래학회지, 제12권, 제4호, pp.37-51, 2007.
- 민병권, 김이태, “온라인 쇼핑에서 프라이버시 염려의 원인변수와 결과변수”, 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제6권, 제11호, pp.25-37, 2006.
- S. K. Whitebourne and L. A. Connolly, The Developing Self in Midlife, inJ. D. Reid, S.L. Willis Ed., Life in the Middle: Psychological and Social Development in Middle Age, Academic Press, 1999.
- 이순형, "사이버공간과 실공간에서의 자아 정체의 불일치", 대한가정학회지, 제40권, 제4호, pp.59-71, 2002.
- D. L. Loudon and A. J. D. Bitta, Consumer Behavior: Concepts and Applications, 4th ed., McGraw-Hill, 1997.
- A. Roland, In Search of Self in India and Japan, Princeton University Press, 1988.
- J. F. Kihlstorm and N. Cantor, Mental Representations of the Self, in L. Berkowiz Ed., Advances in Experimental Social Psychology, Academic Press, Vol.17, pp.1-47, 1984.
- M. J. Sirgy, "Self-Concept in Consumer Behavior: A Critical Review," Journal of Consumer Research, Vol.9, No.3, pp.287-300. 1982. https://doi.org/10.1086/208924
- W. James, The Principles of Psychology, Harvard University Press, 1981.
- E. T. Higgins, "Self-Discrepancy Theory: A Theory Relating Self and Affect," Psycholgical Review, Vol.94, No.3, pp.319-340, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.94.3.319
- J. Boldero and J. Francis, "The Relation Between Self-Discrepancies and Emotion: The Moderating Roles of Self-Guide Importance, Location Relevance, and Social Self-Domain Centrality," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol.78, No.1, pp.38-50, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.11
- L. Scott and M. W. O'Hara, "Self-Discrepancies in Clinically Anxious and Depressed University Students," Journal of Abnormal Psychology, Vol.102, No.2, pp.282-287, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-843X.102.2.282
- A. Suh, K. Shin, and J. Lee, "The Effects of Multi-identity on One’s Psychological State and the Quality of Contribution in Virtual Communities: A Socio-Psychological Perspective," Asia Pacific Journal of Information Systems, Vol.20, No.1, pp.57-79, 2010.
- D. W. McMillan and D. M. Chavis, "Sense of Community: A Definition and Theory," Journal of Community Psychology, Vol.14, No.1, pp.6-23, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1002/1520-6629(198601)14:1<6::AID-JCOP2290140103>3.0.CO;2-I
- J. Koh and Y. G. Kim, "Sense of Virtual Community: A Conceptual Framework and Empirical Validation," International Journal of Electronic Commerce, Vol.8, No.2, pp.75-93, 2003.
- J. Y. Son and S. S. Kim, "Internet Users' Information Privacy-Protective Responses: A Taxonomy and a Nomological Model," MIS Quarterly, Vol.32 No.3, pp.503-529, 2008.