- Volume 34 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Nano-Positioning of High-Power Ultrasonic Linear Motor Stage in High-Vacuum Environment
고진공 환경중 고출력 초음파 모터 이송 스테이지의 나노미터 위치 제어
- Received : 2010.05.03
- Accepted : 2010.09.03
- Published : 2010.11.01
In this paper, the ultraprecision positioning control of an ultrasonic linear motor in a high-vacuum environment is presented. The bolt-clamped Langivin type transducer (BLT) with the 3rd longitudinal; and 6th lateral vibration modes was developed, which was excited by using the Eigen resonance frequency for two vibration modes in order to generate stable and high power. In practical applications, however, even if a geometrical design has an Eigen frequency, discordance between both mode frequencies can be generated by the contact mechanism and because of manufacturing errors as well as environmental factors. Both mode frequencies were precisely matched by adjusting the impedence. By using this method, the BLT can be driven under any environmental conditions. The nominal characteristic trajectory following(NCTF) control method was adopted to control the positioning of the system in vacuum. The developed linear motor stage show high positioning accuracy with 5 nm.
Ultrasonic Linear Motor;Vacuum Environment;Contact Stiffness;Frequency Matching;Friction
- Morita, T., Niino, T. and Asama, H., 2002, “Rotational Feedthrough Using Motor for High Vacuum Condition,” Vacuum, Vol.65, pp. 85-90. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0042-207X(01)00411-0
- Morita, T., Takahashi, S., Asama, H. and Niino, T., 2003, “Rotational Feedthrough Using an Ultrasonic Motor and Its Performance in Ultra High Vacuum Conditions,” Vacuum, Vol.70, pp. 53-57. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0042-207X(02)00704-2
- Beckert, E., Hoffmann, A. and Saffert, E., 2001, “Development of a Vertical Wafer Stage for High Vacuum Application” Microelectronic Engineering, Vol.57, pp.207-212. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-9317(01)00517-2
- Ueha, S., Tomikawa, Y., 1993, Ultrasonic Motors Theory and Applications, Oxford Science Publications, New York.
- Choi, B. H. and Choi, H. R., 2000, “Force / Torque Control of Ultrasonic Motor with PWM Driving Method,” Trans. of the KSME (A), Vol. 24, No. 11, pp. 2723-2731.
- Kurosawa, M., Yamada, H. and Ueha, S., 1989, “Hybrid Transducer Type Ultrasonic Linear Motor” Jpn, J. Appl. Phys., Vol.28, pp.158-160. https://doi.org/10.7567/JJAPS.28S1.158
- Kim, W.S., Yun, C.H. and Lee, S.K., 2008, “Nano Positioning of a High Power Ultrasonic Linear Motor,” Jpn, J. Appl. Phys., Vol.7, pp.5687-5692.
- Hemsel, T. and Wallaschek, J., 2000, “Survey of the Present State of the Art of Piezoelectric Linear Motors” Ultrasonics, Vol. 38, pp.37-40. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0041-624X(99)00143-2
- Qu, J.J., Tian, X. and Zhou, N.N., 2008, “Characteristics of Traveling Wave Ultrasonic Motor Under Atmosphere and Vacuum Cycle Condition.,” Vacuum, Vol.82 ,pp.1302-1305. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vacuum.2008.03.060
- Park, M.H. and Won, C.Y., 1991, “Time Optimal Control for Induction Motor Servo System,” IEEE Trans Power Electron Vol.6, No. 3, pp.514-524. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.85886
- Workman, M.L., Kosut, R.L. and Franklin, G.F., 1987, “Adaptive Proximate Time-optimal Sevomechanisms: Continuous Time Case.” In: Proceedings of the American Motion Control conference, Minneapolis, USA, pp.589-594.
- Fujimoto, Y. and Kawamura, A., 1995, “A. Robust Servo-System Based on Two-Degree-of-Feedom Control with Sliding Mode,” IEEE Trans Ind Electron, Vol.42, No.3, pp.272-280. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.382138
- Snitka, V., 2000, “Ultrasonic Actuator for Nanometre Positioning,” Ultrasonics, Vol.38, pp. 20-25. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0041-624X(99)00086-4
- Sasaki, S., 1989, “The Effects of the Surrounding Atmosphere on the Friction and Wear Alumina, Zirconia, Silicon Carbide and Silicon Nitride,” Wear, Vol.134, pp.185-200. https://doi.org/10.1016/0043-1648(89)90068-9
- Wahyudi, Sato, K. and Shimokohbe, A., 2003 “Characteristics of Practical Control for Point-to-Point (PTP) Positioning Systems Effect of Design Parameter and Actuator Saturation on Positioning Performance,” Precs. Eng., Vol. 27, pp. 157-169. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0141-6359(02)00226-X
- Wahyudi., Sato, K. and Shimokohbe, A., 2005, “Robustness Evaluation of Three Friction Compensation Methods for Point-to-Point (PTP) Positioning Systems,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.52, pp.247-256. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.robot.2005.03.004
- Huafeng, L., Chunsheng, Z. and Chenglin, G., 2005, “Precise Position Control of Ultrasonic Motor Using Fuzzy Control with Dead-Zone Compensation,” J. Elec. Eng. Vol.56, pp.49-52.
- Panusittikorn, W., Lee, M. and Ro, P. I., 2004, “Modeling and Slinding-Mode Control of Friction-Based Objedt Transport Using Two-Mode Ultrasonic Excitation,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Elect., Vol 51, pp.917-926. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2004.831761
Supported by : 한국과학재단