- Volume 34 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Reduction of the Roll-Over of the Sector Tooth for Achieving Improved Recliner Locking Performance
리클라이너 결합 성능 향상을 위한 섹터투스의 롤오버 저감 방법
- Lee, Sang-Hoon (Precision Manufacturing Systems Division, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Choi, Hong-Seok (Precision Manufacturing Systems Division, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Chang, Myung-Jin (DAS Co., Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Dong-Su (DAS Co., Ltd.) ;
- Bae, Jae-Ho (DAS Co., Ltd.) ;
- Ko, Dae-Cheol (Industrial Liaison Innovation Center, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Byung-Min (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.)
- 이상훈 (부산대 정밀가공시스템) ;
- 최홍석 (부산대 정밀가공시스템) ;
- 장명진 ((주) 다스 금형팀) ;
- 김동수 ((주) 다스 금형팀) ;
- 배재호 ((주) 다스 금형팀) ;
- 고대철 (부산대 부품소재산학협력연구소) ;
- 김병민 (부산대 기계공학부)
- Received : 2010.05.11
- Accepted : 2010.08.30
- Published : 2010.11.01
In this study, effective forming methods for reducing the roll-over of a sector tooth, which is a main component of an automotive seat recliner, are proposed. Due to the large amount of roll-over, accurate contact between the inner gear of a sector tooth and the outer gear of a pawl tooth cannot be normally achieved; thus sensitivity and safety for the passengers decrease. To overcome the aforementioned drawback, we investigated the effect of flowcontrol forming methods involving local embossing die, coining punch, and VIC (Variable Inverse Clearance) on the roll-over depth by FE-analysis and an experiment. The results of a fine-blanking experiment for verifying the proposed methods showed that VIC type is decidedly superior from the aspects of reduction of roll-over and tool strength of the sector tooth.
Recliner;Variable Inverse Clearance;Roll-Over;Sector Tooth;Locking Part
Supported by : 부산대학교
- Ko, D. C., Kim, C., Kim, B. M. and Choi, J. C., 1996, "Finite Element Simulation of Sheet Metal Shearing by the Element Kill Method," J. of KSPE, Vol. 13, No. 11, pp. 114-123.
- Woo, C. S., Koo, J. S., Cho, H. J., Kim, H. S. and Jeong, J. S., 2001, "Structual Analysis and Evaluation Technologies of Automotive Seat Frames," Proceedings of KSME (A), pp. 806-811.
- Husson, C., Correia, J. P. M., Daridon, L. and Ahzi, S., 2008, "Finite Elements Simulations of Thin Copper Sheets Blanking: Study of Blanking Parameters on Sheared Edge Quality," J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 199, pp. 74-83.
- Klocke, F., Sweeney, K. and Raedt, H. W., 2001, "Improved Tool Design for Fine Blanking through the Application of Numerical Modeling Techniques," J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 115, pp. 70-75. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(01)00771-3
- Kwak, T. S., Kim, Y. J., Seo, M. K. and Bae, W. B., 2003, "The Effective V-ring Indenter on the Sheared Surface in the Fine-Blanking Process of Pawl," J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 143-144, pp. 656-661. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(03)00311-X
- Kim, B. M., Choi, H. S., Chang, M. J., Bae, J. H., Lee, S. B. and Ko, D. C., 2008, "Development of High Precision Plate Holder in Automotive Seat Recliner by Mechanical Press(I): Application of FCF Method," J. of KSPE, Vol. 25, No. 7, pp. 55-63.
- Chang, F. S. and Hallquist, J. O., 1994, "Finite Element Analysis of Low-Density High-Hysteresis Foam Materials and the Application in the Automotive Industry," SAE Int’l, 940908, pp.699-707.
- Nagpal, R. and Kuo, E. Y., 1996, “A Time-Domain Fatigue Life Prediction Method for Vehicle Body Structures," SAE Int’l, 960567, pp. 607-616.
- Park, Y. S., Lee, J. Y., Lim, J. M. and Park, G. J., 1996, "Optimum Design of the Steering Column to Mini-mize the Injury of an Occupant," Int. J. of Vehicle Design, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 398-414.
- Kondo, K., Maeda, K., Maeda, A. and Hirota, K., 1994, "Develop of a Simple Precision Shearing Process for Thick Plates," J. of JSTP, Vol. 35, No. 396, pp. 67-72.