- Volume 34 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Effects of Molding Condition on Surface Unevenness of GFRP Composites in Compression Molding
GFRP 복합재료의 압축성형에서 표면요철에 미치는 성형조건의 영향
- Kim, Hyoung-Seok (Dept. of Advanced Parts and Materials Engineering, Chosun Univ. Graduate School) ;
- Kim, Jin-Woo (Center for NDE, Iowa State Univ.) ;
- Kim, Yong-Jae (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Chosun Univ.) ;
- Lee, Dong-Gi (Dept. of Mechatronics Engineering, Chosun Univ.)
- Received : 2010.05.14
- Accepted : 2010.08.16
- Published : 2010.11.01
We have investigated the unexpected phenomena on the surface of molded GFRP composites. The major cause of the unevenness, as a result of which the surface becomes rough, is a shrinking of the matrix in the process of holding pressure and cooling temperature. The higher holding pressure load in a molding process and the lower demolding temperature in an annealing experiment, the better GFRP composites moldings improved its appearance. In addition, by taking the holding pressure and demolding temperature into consideration, we evaluate the process that causes the surface unevenness and the variation in the fiber projection height.
Glass-Fiber-Reinforced-Plastic Composite Materials;Demolding Temperature;Mold Temperature;Holding Pressure Load;Center-Line-Average-Height;Waviness Profile
Supported by : 조선대학교
- Lee, D. G., Kim, J. L., Kim, S. P., Lee, W. I. and Kim, E. G., 1993, “A Study on the Processing of Long Fiber-Reinforced Composite Materials for Thermoforming,” Trans. of the KSME(A), Vol. 17, No. 5, pp. 1106-1114.
- Lee, D. G., Han, G. Y. and Kim, E. G., 1995, “Effect of Mold Temperature on the Separation and the Orientation During Compression Molding of Fiber-Reinforced Polymeric,” Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 305-314.
- Yaguchi, H., Hojo, H., Lee, D. G. and Kim, E. G., 1995, “Measurement of Planar Orientation of Fibers for Reinforced Thermoplastics Using Image Processing,” The Journal of the Polymer Processing Society, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 262-269. https://doi.org/10.3139/217.950262
- Kang, K., Jo, S. H., Lee, D. G. and Kim, E. G., 1996, “A Study on Mean Coefficient of Separation During Compression Molding of Fiber-Reinforced Thermoplastics,” Trans. of the KSME(A), Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 1146-1153.
- Kim, D. S. and Kim, J. K., 1995, “The fatigue Damage Accumulation Behavior and the Fatigue Life Prediction Under 2-Level Block Loading in Plan Woven GFRP Composites,” Trans. of the KSME(A), Vol. 19, No. 12, pp. 3299-3307.
- Kim, Y. J. and Lim, J. K., 1997, “A Study on Properties of Corrosion Fracture Surfaces of GFRP in Synthetic Sea Water,” Trans. of the KSME(A), Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 249-254.
- Kim, H. S., Kim, J. W., Kim, Y. J. and Lee, D. G., 2009, “Effects of Molding Condition on Surface of GMT-Sheet Moldings,” Proceedings of the 2009 Autumn Meeting of KSCM, pp. 251-255.
- Lee, D. G., Jeong, K. S. and Choi, J. H., 1998, Composite materials, Sigma Press, Seoul, pp. 407-441.
- Kim, K. D. and Chung, S. C., 1999, “Design and Analysis of 2½ Dimensional On-the-Machine Measuring and Inspection System Using Touch Trigger Probes,” Trans. of the KSME(A), Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 37-46.
- Heo, S. B., Lee, J. H., Shin, G. S. and Rhee, K. Y., 2002, “A Study on the Processing Characteristic in the Compression Molding of Hybrid Thermoplastic Composites,” Trans. of the KSME(A), Vol. 26, No. 12, pp. 2550-2555.
- Manufacturing of GFRP Sheet Using Plain Weaving Method vol.38, pp.8, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.8.849