- Volume 34 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Compressive Characteristics of New Wire-woven Cellular Metal
새로운 와이어 직조 다공질 금속의 압축 특성
- Ko, Gyeong-Deuk (Automobile Research Center, Chonnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Lee, Ki-Won (School of Mechanical Systems Engrg., Chonnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kang, Ki-Ju (School of Mechanical Systems Engrg., Chonnam Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2010.05.17
- Accepted : 2010.08.17
- Published : 2010.11.01
In this study, a new type of wire-woven cellular metal named WBD(wire-woven bulk diamond) was developed. Like WBK(wire-woven bulk Kagome), WBD is composed of helically formed wires; WBK was introduced a few years ago, and its mechanical, thermal properties, and engineering applications have been extensively investigated. The number of wires that pass by one another at each cross point in WBD is four, whereas that in WBK is three. The mechanical behavior of WBD subjected to compression was investigated and the results were compared to those for WBK. For a given slenderness ratio the density and yield strength of WBD were about twice as high as those for WBK, but elastic stiffness of WBD was not that higher than that for WBK.
Cellular Metal;WBK(Wire-woven Bulk Kagome);Compressive Characteristics;Truss;Buckling
Supported by : 한국과학재단
- Hyun, S., Karlsson, A. M., Torquato, S. and Evans, A. G., 2003, “Simulated Properties of Kagome and Tetragonal Truss Core Panel.” Int. J. Solids and Structures Vol. 40, 6989-6998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7683(03)00350-0
- Wang, J., Evans, A. G., Dharmasena, K. and Wadley, H. N. G., 2003, “On the Performance of Truss Panels with Kagome Cores.” International J. of Solids and Structures Vol. 40, 6981-6988. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7683(03)00349-4
- Lee, Y.-H., Lee, B.-K., Jeon, I. and Kang, K.-J., 2007. “Wire-Woven Bulk Kagome (WBK) Truss Cores.” Acta Materialia Vol. 55, 6039-6400. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.actamat.2007.04.017
- Lee, B.-K., Jeon, I. and Kang, K.-J., 2009, "Compressive Characteristics of WBK Truss Cores,” Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol.23, pp.14-18. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-008-1011-7
- Lee, B.-K. and Kang, K.-J., 2009, “A Parametric Study on Compressive Characteristics of Wire-Woven Bulk Kagome Truss Cores,” Composites Structures, Vol.92, pp.445-453 .
- Buckminster Fuller, 1975, Synergetics: Explorations in the Geometry of Thinking, Macmillan Publishing Co., p.669.
- Park, J.-S., Joo, J.-H., Lee, K.-W. and Kang, K.-J., 2010, “Truss Waviness Effects on Mechanical Behaviors of WBK,” Proceedings of KSME Spring Conference, pp.297-302
- Queheillalt, D. T., Deshpande, V. S., Wadley, H. N. G., 2007, "Truss Waviness Effects In Cellular Lattice Structures,” Journal Of Mechanics Of Materials And Structures, Vol. 2, No. 9, 1657-1675. https://doi.org/10.2140/jomms.2007.2.1657