- Volume 34 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Study on Fatigue Life Estimation for Aircraft Engine Support Structure
항공기 엔진 지지구조물의 피로수명 해석에 관한 연구
- Hur, Jang-Wook (KHP PMO, Defense Acquisition Program Administration)
- 허장욱 (방위사업청 KHP사업단)
- Received : 2010.05.31
- Accepted : 2010.09.04
- Published : 2010.11.01
The fatigue life is estimated while determining the reliability of aircraft structures. In this study, the estimation of fatigue life was carried out on the basis of a cumulative damage theory; the working S-N curve and the equivalent stress on the engine support structure significantly affect the safety of the aircraft. The maximum stress observed was 1,080 MPa in the case of scissors link under crash load condition, and there was a 5% margin for the allowable stress corresponding to the temperature reduction factor. The maximum stress was 876 MPa, and the stress equation coefficient had a maximum value of 0.019 MPa/N in the case of scissors link under fatigue loads. In the results of the fatigue life analysis, the safety life in a fretting area of scissors link upper part was 416,667 flight hour, and other parts showed to infinite life. Therefore, it was demonstrated that the fatigue life requirement of aircraft engine support structure (scissors link, straight link) could be satisfied.
Fatigue Life Analysis;Engine Support Structure;Minor's Rule;Cumulative Damage;Safety Life
- Baek, S. H., Cho, S. S., Kim, H. S. and Joo, W. S., 2009, "Reliability Design of Preventive Maintenance Schedule for Cumulative Fatigue Damage," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 23, pp. 1225-1233. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-008-0901-z
- Shin, K. S., 2009, "Prediction of Fretting Fatigue Behavior Under Elastic-Plastic Conditions," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 23, pp. 2714-2721. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-009-0723-7
- Lee, D. H., Kwon, A. J., You, W. H., Choi, J. B. and Kim, Y. J., 2009, "Evaluation of Fatigue Crack Initiation Life in a Press-Fitted Shaft Considering the Fretting Wear," Journal of the KSME, Vol. 33, pp. 1091-1098.
- Cho, J. U. and Han, M. S., 2009, "Study on Fatigue at Disk Brake," Transaction of the Koran Society of Machine Tool Engineers, Vol. 18, pp. 201-206.
- Kwon, J. H., 1994, "Fatigue Life Evaluation of Carry-thru Beam Structure of Small Aircraft under Flight-by-Flight Load Spectrum," Korea Aerospace University, pp. 63-71.
- Bannantine, J. A., Comer, J. and Handrock, J., 1990, Fundamentals of Metal Fatigue Analysis, Prentice Hall, pp. 6-15.
- Eurocopter, 2006, Methodology for the Fatigue Substantiation of the Mechanical Components and Airframe, KHP project, TTK005A0027E01A, pp. 64-71.
- Christian, L., 1999, Mechanical Vibration & Shock : Fatigue Damage, Hermes Science Publications, pp 100-108.
- USA DOD, 1998, Metallic Materials and Elements for Aerospace Vehicle Structure, MIL-HDBK-5H, pp. 2-152-2-159.
- USA DOD, 1988, Light Fixed and Rotary- Wing Aircraft Crash Resistance, MIL-STD-1290A, pp. 6-23.
- Stress Spectrum Algorithm Development for Fatigue Crack Growth Analysis and Experiment for Aircraft Wing Structure vol.39, pp.12, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2015.39.12.1281