- Volume 34 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Limit Loads for Circular Wall-Thinned Feeder Pipes Subjected to Bending and Internal Pressure.
원형 감육이 발생한 중수로 피더관의 한계하중 평가
- Je, Jin-Ho (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Univ.) ;
- Lee, Kuk-Hee (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Univ.) ;
- Chung, Ha-Joo (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Univ.) ;
- Kim, Jong-Sung (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Sunchon Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Yun-Jae (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Univ.)
- Received : 2010.06.07
- Accepted : 2010.09.06
- Published : 2010.11.01
Flow Accelerated Corrosion (FAC) occurring during in-service conditions results in localized wall-thinning in the feeder pipes of CANDU. The wall-thinning of the feeder pipes is the main degradation mechanisms affecting the integrity of piping systems. In this paper, we assess the integrity of wall-thinned feeder pipes by limit load analysis. The limit loads for wall-thinning feeder pipes subjected to in-plane bending and internal pressure were determined on the basis of finte element limit analyses. The limit loads are determined from the results of limit analyses of elasticperfectly-plastic materials using the large geometry change. Closed-form approximations of limit load solutions for wall-thinning feeder pipes subjected to in-plane bending and pressure are proposed.
CANDU;feeder pipe;limit load;circular wall-thinning;bending;internal pressure
Grant : 중수로 피더관 감육에 대한 구조 건전성 평가 연구
Supported by : 기초전력연구원
- Duan, X., Kozluk, M. J. and Li, M., 2009, "Comprehensive Integrity Assessment of Carbon Steel Feeder Pipes/Elbows Subject to Wall Thinning,” Proceedings of the ASME 2009 Pressure Vessels and Piping Division Conference, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Jin, J. C., Eom, S. and Awad, R., 2008, "Some Issues in Fitness for Service Assessment of Wall Thinned CANDU Feeder Pipes,” Proceedings of the ASME 2008 Pressure Vessels and Piping Division Conference, Chicago, USA.
- Slade, J. P. and Gendron, T. S., 2005, "Flow Accelerated Corrosion and Cracking of Carbon Steel Piping in Primary Water - Operating Experience at the Point LEPREAU Generating Station,” Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Environmental Degradation of Materials in Nuclear Power System.
- ABAQUS User’s Manual, Version 6.9, 2009 (Dassault Systemes, Paris, France).
- ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section II, ASME, New York (2007).
- Kim, Y.-J., Kim, J., Ahn, J., Hong, S.-P. and Park, C.-Y., 2008, "Effects of Local Wall Thinning on Plastic Limit Loads of Elbows Using Geometrically Linear FE Limit Analyses,” Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Vol. 75, pp. 2225-2245. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engfracmech.2007.10.007
- Oh, C.-S., Kim, Y.-J. and Park, C.-Y., 2007, "Plastic Loads of Elbows with Local Wall Thinning Under in-Plane Bending,” International Journal of Fracture, Vol. 145, pp. 63-79. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10704-007-9106-1
- Limit Loads for Circular Wall-Thinned Feeder Pipes Considering Bend Angle vol.36, pp.3, 2012, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2012.36.3.313