- Volume 34 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Expansion of Sensitivity Analysis for Statistical Moments and Probability Constraints to Non-Normal Variables
비정규 분포에 대한 통계적 모멘트와 확률 제한조건의 민감도 해석
- Huh, Jae-Sung (Rotorcraft Program Office, KARI) ;
- Kwak, Byung-Man (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, KAIST)
- Received : 2010.06.24
- Accepted : 2010.08.30
- Published : 2010.11.01
The efforts of reflecting the system's uncertainties in design step have been made and robust optimization or reliabilitybased design optimization are examples of the most famous methodologies. The statistical moments of a performance function and the constraints corresponding to probability conditions are involved in the formulation of these methodologies. Therefore, it is essential to effectively and accurately calculate them. The sensitivities of these methodologies have to be determined when nonlinear programming is utilized during the optimization process. The sensitivity of statistical moments and probability constraints is expressed in the integral form and limited to the normal random variable; we aim to expand the sensitivity formulation to nonnormal variables. Additional functional calculation will not be required when statistical moments and failure or satisfaction probabilities are already obtained at a design point. On the other hand, the accuracy of the sensitivity results could be worse than that of the moments because the target function is expressed as a product of the performance function and the explicit functions derived from probability density functions.
Sensitivity Analysis;Statistical Moment;Probability Constraint;Moment Method;Non-Normal Distributions
- D’Errico, J. R., and Zaino Jr., N. A., 1988, “Statistical Tolerancing Using a Modification of Taguchi’s Method,” Technometrics, Vol. 30, No. 4, pp.397-405. https://doi.org/10.2307/1269802
- Zhao, Y.G., and Ono, T., 2001, “Moment methods for structural reliability,” Structural Safety, Vol.23, pp.47-75. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-4730(00)00027-8
- Seo, H. K., and Kwak, B. M., 2002, “Efficient Statistical Tolerance Analysis for General Distribution Using Three Point Information,” International Journal for Production Research, pp.931-944.
- Lee, S. H., and Kwak, B. M., 2006, “Response Surface Augmented Moment Method for Efficient Reliability Analysis,” Structural Safety, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp.261-272. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.strusafe.2005.08.003
- Huh, J. S., and Kwak, B. M., 2007, “Numerical Verification of the First Four Statistical Moments Estimated by a Function Approximation Moment Method,” Trans. of the KSME( A), Vol. 31, No. 4, pp. 490-495.
- Kim, D. H., Lee, G. S., Choi, D. H., Choi, J. H., Lee, S. H., and Kwak, B. M., 2008, “Reliability Analysis Using an Enhanced Response Surface Moment Method,” Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 22, No. 6, pp.1052-1057. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-008-0210-6
- Han, J. S., and Kwak, B. M., 2001, “Robust Optimal Design of a Vibratory Microgyroscope Considering Fabrication Errors,” Journal of Micromechanics of Microengineering, Vol. 11, No. 6, pp. 662-671. https://doi.org/10.1088/0960-1317/11/6/307
- Huh, J. S., Jung, B. C., Lee, T. Y., and Kwak, B. M., 2006, “A Study on the Robust Optimal Supporting Positions of TFT-LCD Glass Panel,” Tran. of the KSME (A), Vol. 30, No. 8, pp.1001-1007.
- Kang, H. Y., and Kwak, B. M., 2009, “Application of Maximum Entropy Principle for Reliability-Based Design Optimization,” Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, Vol. 38, No. 4, pp.331-346.
- Huh, J. S., and Kwak, B. M., 2008, “The Efficient Sensitivity Analysis on Statistical Moments and Probability Constraints in Robust Optimal Design,” Trans. of the KSME( A), Vol. 32, No. 1, pp.29-34.