- Volume 34 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Study of Life Characteristic of Hydraulic Hose Assembly by Adopting Complex Accelerated Model with Acceleration Factors of Pressure and Temperature
압력과 온도 복합가속모형을 적용한 유압호스 조립체 수명특성 연구
- Lee, Gi-Chun (School of Reliability Assessment Center, Korea Institute of Machinery & Materials) ;
- Kim, Hyoung-Eui (School of Reliability Assessment Center, Korea Institute of Machinery & Materials) ;
- Cho, You-Hee (School of Reliability Assessment Center, Korea Institute of Machinery & Materials) ;
- Kim, Jae-Hoon (BK21 Mechatronics Groups, Dept. of Mechanical Design Engineering, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2010.06.08
- Accepted : 2010.09.16
- Published : 2010.11.01
Hydraulic hoses are used as pipelines for transferring power from hydraulic systems in various machineries such as construction equipments, automobiles, and aircraft. Hydraulic hoses protect the system from vibration or impacts, and they are being used to transfer energy in all segments of the industry. In order to protect the system from various external environmental conditions, hydraulic hose assemblies must be able to withstand a wide range of temperatures and pressures, as well as variations in other factors. In previous studies, an acceleration model for the hydraulic hose assembly was developed by taking into account only one of the acceleration factors (temperature or pressure). Therefore, the objective of this study is to develop a comprehensive acceleration model that takes both temperature and pressure into consideration.
Hydraulic Hose;Life Prediction;Impulse Test;Calibrated Accelerated Life Test
- Evans, C. W., 1980, "Testing Requirements for Hydraulic Hose," Polymer Testing, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 39-49. https://doi.org/10.1016/0142-9418(80)90025-2
- Kim, Y. S and Kim, J. J., 2005, “Design for Hydraulic Hose Routing Pathes and Fitting Angles,” Society of CAD/CAM Engineers, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 40-48.
- Roh, G. T., Jeon, D. H. and Cho, J. R., 2004, "Finite Element Analysis of Swaging Process for Power Steering Hose," KSME, Vol. 28, No. 6, pp. 747-754.
- Entwistle, K. M., 1981, “The Behaviour of Braided Hydraulic Hose Reinforced with Steel Wires,” Int. J. Mech. Sci., Vol. 23, pp. 229-241. https://doi.org/10.1016/0020-7403(81)90048-5
- Evans, C. W. and Manley, T. R., 1986, "Factors Affecting the Impulse Testing of Hydraulic Hose," Polymer Testing, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 135-149. https://doi.org/10.1016/0142-9418(86)90012-7
- SAE standard, 2001, "Test and Test Procedures for SAE100R Series Hydraulic Hose and Hose Assemblies SAE J343," SAE Standard REV Jul 2001.
- Lee, G. C., Park, J. W., Kim, H. E., Lee, J. H., Jeong, W. W. and Kim, J. H., 2008, “Life Prediction for High Pressure Hose of Power Steering System by Impulse Pressure Test," Proceeding of KSME 2008 Spring Meeting, pp. 44-46.
- International Standard ISO, 1997, "Rubber and Plastics Hose Assemblies with Wire Reinforcements- Hydraulic Impulse Test with Flexing," International Standard ISO 6802.
- International Standard ISO, 1997, "Rubber and Plastics Hose Assemblies Flexing Combined Hydraulic Impulse Test Half-Omega Test," International Standard ISO 8032.
- Kang, B. S., Kim, H. E., Park, J. W. and Yoo, Y. C., 2008, "Development of Accelerated Life Test Method for Pneumatic Cylinder," Proceedings of the 51st National Conference on Fluid Power, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
- Paschkewitz, J. J., 2009, “Calibrated Accelerated Life Testing(CALT) with Time Varying Stress Profiles,” Reliability EDGE, ReliaSoft, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp.16-19.
- Reliasoft, 2001, Accelerated life testing reference, ALTA Ver. 6.
- A study on life evaluation & prediction of railway vehicle contactor based on accelerated life test data vol.32, pp.10, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-018-0909-y