- Volume 34 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Statistical Fatigue Life of Hybrid Composite Joints in Low-Floor Bus
저상버스용 하이브리드 복합재 조인트부의 통계적 피로수명평가
- Jung, Dal-Woo (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Graduate school, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Choi, Nak-Sam (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ.)
- Received : 2010.07.01
- Accepted : 2010.10.05
- Published : 2010.11.01
The reliable fatigue life for hybrid composite joint structures was estimated by a statistical method for evaluating fatigue life; the results of the fatigue test varied widely. Cyclic bending tests were performed on a cantilever beam with a hybrid composite joint, which was developed for the body of a low-floor bus. In order to estimate the fatigue life of the hybrid composite joint structure by comparing the data obtained during the fatigue tests, the most suitable probabilistic density function among the normal, lognormal, and Weibull distributions was selected. The probabilistic-stress-life (P-S-N) curves calculated by using the selected Weibull distribution was suggested for process of statistical fatigue life estimation and reliability design.
Statistical Fatigue Life Evaluation;Hybrid Composite Joint;Probabilistic-Stress-Life Curve;Cyclic Bending Tests
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Nishijima, S., 1981, "Statistical Analysis to Fatigue Test Data," JSME S 002, pp. 132-137.
- Jang, S. S. and Kim, S. T., 2000, "A Statistical Analysis on Fatigue Life Distribution in Spheroidal Graphite Cast Iron," Trans. of the KSME(A), Vol. 24, No. 9, pp. 2353-2360.
- Kim, J. K and Kim, D. S., 1995, "A Probabilistic Analysis for Fatigue Cumulative Damage and Fatigue Life in CFRP Composites Containing a Circular Hole," Trans. of the KSME(A), Vol. 19, No. 8, pp. 1915-1926.
- Jo, Y. J and Park, Y. C., 2009, "Comparison of Fatigue Strength Criteria for TINI/AL6061-T6 and TINI/AL2024-T4 Shape Memory Alloy Composite," Trans. of the KSME(A), Vol. 33, No. 2, pp. 99-107.
- Radhakrishnan, K., 1984, "Fatigue and Reliability Evaluation of Unnotched Carbon Epoxy Laminates," J. of Composite Materials, Vol. 18, pp. 21-31. https://doi.org/10.1177/002199838401800102
- Halpin, J. P., Jerina, L. L. and Johnson, T. A., 1973, "Charaterization of Composites for the Purpose of Reliability Evaluation, " ASTM STP 521, pp. 5-64
- Shimokawa, T. and Hamaguchi, Y., 1983, "Distribution of Fatigue Life and Fatigue Strength in Notched Specimens of a Carbon Eight-Harness-Satin Laminate," J. of Composite Materials, Vol. 17, pp. 64-67 https://doi.org/10.1177/002199838301700106
- Jung, D. W., kim, D. H., Choi, N.S., 2009, "Static and Fatigue Fracture Assessment of Hybrid Composite Joint Part for the Low Floor Bus Body," Conference on KSME (2009, 11), pp. 97-102.
- ASTM E-739, 1991, "Standard Practice for Statistical Analysis of Linear or Linearized Stress-Life (S-N) and Strain-Life (E-N) Fatigue Data".
- JSME S 002, 1981, "Statistical S-N Testing Method with 14 Specimens".
- 박대철, 2001, "공학도를 위한 확률통계, " 인터비젼
- 김진경, 박진호, 박헌진, 이재준, 전홍석, 2009, "공학도를 위한 통계학: MATLAB 을 이용한 분석," 자유아카데미, pp. 321-322.
- 이승훈, 2006, “Minitap 을 이용한 공학통계 자료분석,” (주)이레테크, pp. 134-146.
- Thoman, D. R., Lee, J. B. and Antle, C. E., 1969, "Inferences on the Parameters of the Weibull Distribution," Technometrics, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 445-460. https://doi.org/10.2307/1267019