- Volume 34 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Design of an Economic Service Robot Hand Based on Biomimetics and TRIZ
생체 모방학과 트리즈를 이용한 보급형 서비스 로봇 핸드의 설계
- Ko, Hun-Keon (Graduate School, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Univ.) ;
- Cho, Chang-Hee (Graduate School, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Univ.) ;
- Kim, Kwon-Hee (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Univ.)
- Received : 2010.05.12
- Accepted : 2010.09.17
- Published : 2010.11.01
This work presents a study on the design of an economic service robot hand for tele-presence manipulators. The conceptual design of new robot hand is derived from biomimetics approach. Guided by the analysis of human arm' musculoskeletal structure, the fingers are actuated by cables and actuators in the forearm. High tension in the cables is achieved by screw-nut mechanism driven by DC motors. A set of combination springs is incorporated in each of the screw-nut mechanism for easy control of gripping force. The first prototype revealed difficulties with finger control and coupling problem between gripping force and wrist movement. The solutions to these problems have been derived from the contradiction analysis of TRIZ. The second design has been verified by tests on various objects with different weight and shape for full range of wrist motion.
TRIZ;Biomimetics;Robot Hand;Design Evolution
Supported by : 한국 연구 재단
- Sakagami, Y., Watanabe, R., Aoyama, C., Matsunaga, S., Higaki, N. and Fujimura, K., 2002, “The Intelligent ASIMO: System Overview and Integration,” 2002 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Vol.1-3, Proceedings, pp. 2478-2483.
- Park, I. W., Kim, J. Y., Lee, J. G. and Oh, J. H., 2007, “Mechanical Design of the Humanoid Robot Platform: HUBO,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.21, No.11, pp.1305-1322. https://doi.org/10.1163/156855307781503781
- Tuffield, P. and Elias, H.,2003, "The Shadow Robot Mimics Human Actions,” Industrial Robot-an International Journal, Vol. 30, No. 1, pp.56-60.
- Borst, C., Fischer, M., Haidacher, S., Liu, H. and Hirzinger, G.,2003, "DLR Hand II: Experiments and Experiences with an Anthropomorphic Hand,” 2003 Ieee International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 702-707.
- Kawasaki, H.,Shimomura, H. and Shimizu, Y.,2001, "Educational-Industrial Complex Development of an Anthropomorphic Robot Hand ‘Gifu hand’,” Advanced Robotics, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 357-363. https://doi.org/10.1163/156855301300235913
- Chi, H. J., Lee, S. H., Choi, B. J. and Choi, H. R. ,2006, "Design of a Dexterous Anthropomorphic Robot Hand,” Trans. of the KSME (A), Vol.30, No. 4, pp. 357-363.
- Ahn, S. I., Oh, Y. H. and Kwon, S. J., 2008, “Design of a Humanoid Robot Hand by Mimicking Human Hand's Motion and Appearance,” Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, Vol.14, No. 1, pp. 62-69. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2008.14.1.062
- Michael, S., Erik, S., Udo, S. and Edward, L., 2006, Atlas of Anatomy: General Anatomy and the Musculoskeletal System, Thieme, New York, pp. 274-283.
- Hwang, C. S., 2005, "Evaluation and Design for Joint Configurations Based on Kinematic Analysis,” Trans. of the KSME (A), Vol.29, No. 2, pp. 176-187.
- Hsieh, H. T. and Chen, J. L., 2010, “Using TRIZ Methods in Friction Stir Welding Design,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol.46, No. 9-12, pp. 1085-1102. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-009-2172-y
- Cho, C. H. and Kim, K. H., 2010, “Product Development with TRIZ: Design Evolution o Deburring Tools for Intersecting Holes,” Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol.24, No. 1, pp. 169-173. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-009-1122-9
- Kim, K. H., Ko, H. K. and Cho, C. H., 2009, “Rotational Device for Robots and a Robot Arm Using the Same,” Korean Patent Application, 10-2009-0057027.
- Kim, K. H., Ko, H. K. and Cho, C. H., 2009, “Robot Arm,” Korean Patent Application, 10-2009-0057030.
- Kim, K. H., Ko, H. K. and Cho, C. H., 2009, “Grasping Structure for Robots,” Korean Patent Application, 10-2009-0057033.
- Improvement of an Underactuated Prosthetic Hand Based on Grasp Performance Evaluation vol.40, pp.10, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2016.40.10.843