- Volume 34 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Prediction of Lift Performance of Automotive Glass Using Finite Element Analysis
유한요소해석을 통한 자동차용 글라스의 승강성능 예측
- Moon, Hyung-Il (Dept. of Mechanical & Biomedical Engineering, Kangwon National University) ;
- Kim, Heon-Young (Dept. of Mechanical & Biomedical Engineering, Kangwon National University) ;
- Choi, Cheon (Division of Mechanical/Automotive/HVAC & Plumbing Engineering, Woosong Information College) ;
- Lee, In-Heok (Analysis consulting part, HANKOOK ESI Co. Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Do-Hyung (W/S design team, Hwaseung R&A Co. Ltd.)
- Received : 2010.05.14
- Accepted : 2010.08.20
- Published : 2010.11.01
The performance of power window system was decided by driving characteristics of the window regulator part and reaction by the glass run. The performance of power window system usually has been predicted by experimental methods. In this paper, an analytical method using the explicit code was suggested to overcome the limit of the experimental methods. The friction coefficient of glass run was obtained by the friction test at various conditions and the Mooney-Rivlin model was used. Also, a mechanism of window regulator consisted of the fast belt system and the slip ring elements. And, we conducted the analysis considering characteristic of a motor and obtained the lifting speed of automotive glass with high reliability
Glass Lift Performance;Window Regulator;Glass Run;Explicit Code
- Shin, D.M. and Lim, S.H., 2002, Car Design, Hyungseul-Sa, Seoul, pp. 189-190.
- Lee, K.W., Park, S.C. and Jung, W.W., 2009, “An Experimental Tension Study of the Window Regulator Motor Wire,” Fall conference of KSME, pp. 1397-1400
- Kanamori, M., Isomura, Y. and Suzuki, K., 1998, "Dynamic Finite Element Analysis of Window Regulator Linkage System Using LS-DYNA," Trans. of SAE Special Publication, pp. 47-53.
- Kim, K.H. and Jeon, S.Y., 2000,“Low-Temperature Drive Characteristics of Automotive Power Window Systems,” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D, Vo. 214, pp.843-849. https://doi.org/10.1243/0954407001527899
- Sameer, M. P. and Pieter, J. M., 2003, “Modeling, Simulating, and Validating a Power Window System Using a Model-Based Design Approach,” The MathWorks, Inc., Miami
- Kim, H.W., Jeong, B.H., So, H.C. and Kim, S.T., 2007, “Comparisons of Window Regulator analysis with ADMAS and SimDesigner,” Korea Users Conference of MSC software, Seoul
- Jeon, S.G., Hwang, J.H., Na, J.G. and Kim, J.H., 2006, “A Study on Vehicle Window Regulator Motion,” Fall Conference of KSME, pp1-6.
- Lee, H. J., 2003, "Window Regulator," Report of Korea Institute of Patent Information, Seoul
- Rivlin, R. S., 1948, "Large Elastic Deformations of Isotropic Ⅳ, Further Developments of the General Theory, "Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London., Vol. 241, A, pp. 379-397. https://doi.org/10.1098/rsta.1948.0024
- Bathe, K. J., 1996, "Finite Element Procedures," Prentice-Hall, Inc., New Jersey, pp. 485-641.
- Kim, S.B., Kim, D.H., and Kim, H.Y., 2005, “Closing Analysis of Automotive Door Seal Using Explicit Code," Spring conf. of KSAE, pp.613-618.
- Moon, H.I., Min, B.K., Oh, J.S., Park, J.C., Lee, S.H. and Kim, H.Y., 2008, "Prediction of Door Closing Performance," Conf. of KSAE, pp. 1678-1683.
- MARC theory manual
- Numerical modeling and dynamic simulation of automotive power window system with a single regulator vol.18, pp.5, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12239-017-0082-9