- Volume 34 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Development of Rotordynamics Program Based on the 2D Finite Element Method for Flywheel Energy Storage System
2차원 유한요소법을 적용한 플라이휠 에너지 저장 장치 동특성 해석 프로그램 개발
- Gu, Dong-Sik (Dept. of Precision and Mechanical Engineering, Gyeongsang Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Bae, Yong-Cae (Plant Integrity Group, Korea Electric Power Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Wook-Ryun (Plant Integrity Group, Korea Electric Power Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Jae-Gu (Dept. of Precision and Mechanical Engineering, Gyeongsang Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Hyo-Jung (Dept. of Precision and Mechanical Engineering, Gyeongsang Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Choi, Byeong-Keun (Dept. of Energy and Mechanical Engineering, Institute of Marine Industry, Gyeongsang Nat'l Univ.)
- 구동식 (경상대학교 대학원) ;
- 배용채 (한국전력연구원) ;
- 이욱륜 (한국전력연구원) ;
- 김재구 (경상대학교 대학원) ;
- 김효중 (경상대학교 대학원) ;
- 최병근 (경상대학교 에너지기계공학과, 해양산업연구소)
- Received : 2010.06.01
- Accepted : 2010.09.13
- Published : 2010.11.01
Flywheel energy storage system (FESS) is defined as a high speed rotating flywheel system that can save surplus electric power. The FESS is proposed as an efficient energy storage system because it can accumulate a large amount of energy when it is operated at a high rotating speed and no mechanical problems are encountered. The FESS consists of a shaft, flywheel, motor/generator, bearings, and case. It is difficult to simulate rotor dynamics using common structure simulation programs because these programs are based on the 3D model and complex input rotating conditions. Therefore, in this paper, a program for the FESS based on the 2D FEM was developed. The 2D FEM can model easier than 3D, and it can present the multi-layer rotor with different material each other. Stiffness changing of the shaft caused by shrink fitting of the hub can be inputted to get clear solving results. The results obtained using the program were compared with those obtained using the common programs to determine any errors.
Flywheel Energy Storage System;Rotor Dynamics;Finite Element Method;Natural Frequency
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP), 한국산업기술진흥원
- Kim, J. S. and Lee, S. H., 1998, "A Study on Vibration Characteristics of Flywheel Energy Storage System Using Superconducting Magnetic Bearings," Journal of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. pp. 170-177.
- Bloch, H. P., 1996, A Practical Guide to Steam Turbine Technology, McGraw-Hill, pp. 67-173.
- Yang, B. S., 2002, The Vibration of Rotating Machine, InterVision Inc., pp. 510-519.
- Lawrence, K. 2007, ANSYS Tutorial Releas 11, Schroff Development Corp., Kansas.
- Schaeffer, H. G., 2006, MSC/Nastran Primer Static and Normal Modes Analysis a Study of Computerized Technology, Seattle Goodwill, Seattle.
- Herniter, M. E., 2005, Programming in Matlab, Thomson Brooks/Cole, Centage Learning, Inc., Florence.
- Kim, Y. C., Park, H. J., Park C. H. and Kim, K. W., 2003, "Stiffness Effect of Fitting Interference for a Shrunk Rotor," Proceedings of the KSNVE Annual Spring Conference, pp. 319-324.
- Rao, J. S., 1996, Rotor Dynamics, New Age International(P) LTD., 3rd Edition, pp. 232-142.
- Adams, M. L., 2001, Rotating Machinery Vibration, Marcel Dekker, Inc.
- Bolund, B., Bernhoff, H. and Leijon, M., 2007, "Flywheel Energy and Power Storage Systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, No.11, pp. 235-258.
- Sung, T. H., Lee, J. S., Han, Y. H., Han, S. C., Kim, C. J., Hong, G. W., Choi, S. K., Kim, Y. C. and Kim, S. J., 2001, "Flywheel Energy Storage System with a Horizontal Axle Mounted on High Tc Superconductor Bearings," Cryogenics, No.41, pp. 461-467
- Analysis of Dynamic Characteristics of Water Injection Pump vol.37, pp.12, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.12.1483