- Volume 34 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Seismic Evaluation of Structural Integrity of Main Cooling-Water Pump by Response Spectrum Analysis
응답스펙트럼법을 이용한 지진하중을 받는 원전용 주냉각수펌프의 내진 건전성 평가
- Chung, Chul-Sup (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Konyang Univ.)
- 정철섭 (건양대학교 기계공학과)
- Received : 2010.07.05
- Accepted : 2010.09.13
- Published : 2010.11.01
To evaluate the structural integrity of the main cooling-water pump of a nuclear power plant under different seismic conditions, the seismic analysis was performed in accordance with IEEE-STD-344 code. The finite element computer program, ANSYS, was used to perform both mode frequency analysis and response spectrum analysis for the pump assembly. The natural frequencies, the mode shapes, and the mode participation factors were obtained from the results of the mode frequency analysis. The stresses resulting from various loadings and their combinations were within the allowable limits specified in the above-mentioned IEEE code. The results of the seismic evaluation fully satisfied the structural acceptance criteria of the IEEE code. Thus, it was proved that the structural integrity of the pump assembly was satisfactory.
Natural Frequency;Mode Participation Factor;Modal Analysis;Response Spectrum
- Chung, C. S., 2000, “Seismic Evaluation for Strainer in the Primary Cooling System,” Journal of the Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 295-304.
- Lee, J. K., Kim, J. Y., Chung, P. J. and Chung, J. H., 1999, “Seismic Qualification of the Air Conditioning Equipment for Nuclear Power Plant,” Journal of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 535-543.
- Jhung, M. J., 1998, “Integrity Evaluation of Fuel Assembly for Earthquake,” Nuclear Engineering and Design, No. 185, pp. 97-108.
- Cho, J. R., Lee, H. W., Kim, M. J. and Ha, S. Y., 2003, “Seismic Analysis of Horizontal-Type Multi-Stage Centrifugal Pump Using Finite Element Method,” Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineers, Vol. 27, No. 6, pp. 790-796.
- IEEE-STD-344, 1987, “Recommended Practice for Seismic Qualification of Class 1E Equipment for Nuclear Power Generating Station,”IEEE Inc., New York, pp.
- ANSYS User’s Manual Ver. 10.0, 2005, ANSYS Inc., Canonsburg, pp. 913-960.
- Lee, D. K., 1991, Earthquake Resistant Design by Dynamic Analysis Method, The Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea, Seoul, pp. 32-45.
- Lee, J. K., Kim, J. Y. and Lee, H. N., 2002, “Seismic Qualification of the Air Cleaning Units for Nuclear Power Plant Ulchin 5&6,” Trans. of the KSME (A), Vol. 26, No. 7, pp. 1376-1383.
- Im, H. B., Kim, K. S., Heo, J. W. and Chung, J. T., 2002, “Seismic Analysis of an Axial Blower Using a Commercial FEM Code,” Journal of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 181-186. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2002.12.3.181