- Volume 10 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Effects of Tax Officials' Self-leadership on their Empowerment and Organization Commitment
세무공무원의 셀프리더십이 임파워먼트와 조직몰입에 미치는 영향
- 홍순복 (동명대학교 경영학부 경영학과)
- Received : 2010.09.01
- Accepted : 2010.10.26
- Published : 2010.10.28
The purpose of this study is to find out the effects of tax officials' perceived self-leadership on their empowerment and organization commitment, improve the effectiveness of human resource management of tax organizations, and provide measures for effective organization management. The study results show that the more their self-leadership improves, the more their empowerment improves. Firstly, the reason why their self-leadership has a positive influence on empowerment is that they set their own purpose about their task by themselves, make efforts to achieve the goals, and do their job with optimistic and constructive attitude. Secondly, the study results that their empowerment has a positive influence on organization commitment show that organizational members with high-level empowerment attach significance to their work and it makes their organization commitment high. To maximize organization performance, tax officials should recognize their work's value, meaning, and importance by himself, be equipped with sufficient knowledge for their work, apply their leverage and control in their job, have their self-determination, and improve their organization commitment.
- 김은정, 이종건, "조직문화와 셀프리더십이 조직 유효성에 미치는 영향", 기업경영연구, 제17권, 제1호, pp.81-101, 2010.
- 고형일, 김복만, "셀프리더십과 서비스품질의 관 계에 있어서 심리적 임파워먼트의 매개효과", 서비스경영학회지, 제10권, 제4호, pp.45-69, 2009.
- 송정수, 양필석, "셀프리더십과 혁신행동과의 관계에서 조직몰입의 매개효과에 관한 연구", 기업경영연구, 제15권, 제1호, pp.189-209, 2008.
- 심상화, "관광리조트 종사원의 임파워먼트, 조직 몰입, 이직의도의 영향관계에 관한 연구", 관광연구저널, 제24권, 제2호, pp.66-82, 2010.
- 이상희, "외식업체의 비정규직 종사원 임파워먼트가 직무만족, 조직몰입 및 이직의도에 미치는 영향", 경원대학교 대학원 박사학위논문, 2005.
- B. L. Kirkmam and B. Rosen, "Beyond Self-management: Antecedents and Consequences of Team Empowerment," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.42, No.1, pp.58-74, 1999. https://doi.org/10.2307/256874
- C. C. Manz, "Self-leadership toward an Expanded Theory of Self0influence Processes in Organizations," Academy of Management Review, Vol.11, No.3, pp.585-600, 1986. https://doi.org/10.2307/258312
- C. C. Manz and C. P. Neck, Mastering Self-leadership: Empowering Yourself for Personal Excellence, 3rd ed., Pearson Prentic-Hall, Upper Saddle River, N.Y, 2004.
- C. P. Neck and J. D. Houghton, "Two decade of self-leadership theory & research: past developments, present trends, & future possibilities," Journal of Managerial Psychology, Vol.21, No.4, pp.270-295, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1108/02683940610663097
- C. P. Neck and C. C. Manz, "Thought Self-leadership: The Impact of Mental Strategies Training on Employee Cognition, Behavior and Affect," Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol.17, No.5, pp.445-467, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-1379(199609)17:5<445::AID-JOB770>3.0.CO;2-N
- G. E. Prussia, J. S. Anderson, and C. C. Manz, "Self-leadership and Performance Outcomes: The Mediating Influence of Self-efficacy," Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol.19, No.5, pp.523-538, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-1379(199809)19:5<523::AID-JOB860>3.0.CO;2-I
- G. M. Spreitzer, "Psychological Empowerment in the Workplace: Dimensions, Measurement, and Validation," Academy of Management, Vol.38, No.3, pp.1442-1465, 1995. https://doi.org/10.2307/256865
- G. Yukl, "Leadership in Organizations(6th ed.), NJ: Prentice-Hall, 2005.
- J. D. Houghton and C. P. Neck, "The Revised Self-leadership Questionnaire: Testing a Hierarchical Factor Structure for Self-leadership," Journal of Managerial Psychology, Vol.17, No.8, pp.672-691, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1108/02683940210450484
- K. W. Thomas and B. A. Velthouse, "Cognitive Elements of Empowerment: An Interpretive Model of Intrinsic Task Motivation," Academy of Management Review, Vol.15, No.4, pp.666-681, 1990. https://doi.org/10.2307/258687
- L. Wu and I. J. Norman, An Investigation of Job Satisfaction, Organizational Commitment and Role Conflict and Ambiguity in a Sample of Chinese Undergraduate Nursing Students, Nurse Education Today, in Press, 2005.
- M. Lee and J. Koh, "Is Empowerment Really a New Concept?", International Journal of Human Resource Management, Vol.12, No.4, pp.684-695, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1080/713769649
- N. J. Allen and J. P. Meyer, "The measurement and antecedents of affective, continuance and nor-mative commitment to the organization," Journal of Occupational Psychology, Vol.63, No.1, pp.1-18, 1991.
- P. E. Spector, "Perceived control by employees: A meta-analysis of studies concerning autonomy and participation at work," Human Relations. Vol.39, pp.1005-1016, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1177/001872678603901104
- Determinants of Positive Job Attitude and Behaviour in the Asian Work Context: Evidence from Korean central government agencies vol.15, pp.8, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1080/14719037.2013.816517