- Volume 10 Issue 10
This study measured the relative efficiency and productivity change of the Korean professional sport teams using DEA model and Malmquist Index for 2006-2009. The main results of this study can be summarized as follows. First, in case of efficiency of CCR for 2006-2009, the number of efficient professional sport teams(CCR value is one) are two(Daejeon Citizen, Incheon United), three(Daejeon Citizen, Incheon United, FC Seoul), two(Daejeon Citizen, Incheon United), three(Kyungnam FC, Incheon United, FC Seoul) respectively. Second, Malmquist Index representing productivity change for 2006-2009 are 1.035, 0.9658, 1.5331 for Kyungnam FC, 1.2514, 0.8948, 0.9056 for Daegu FC, 1.1768, 0.8620, 0.9722 for Daejeon Citizen, 0.9368, 1.2609, 0.7714 for Incheon United, 1.0000, 1.0000, 1.0000 for FC Seoul, respectively. This result will be used by inefficient professional sport teams to improve inefficiency.
Professional Soccer Teams;Data Envelopment Analysis;Efficiency;Productivity
- 강호정, 송강영, “프로축구 시민구단의 재무비율분석“, 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제8권, 제7호, pp.224-232, 2008.
- 2007 체육백서, 문화체육관광부, 2008.
- 이영한, 국내 프로스포츠구단의 경영효율성 평가, 서울대학교 대학원 석사학위 논문, 2005.
- 유의동, 최용석, 조성식, 오정일, 지역경제 활성화를 위한 프로스포츠 활용방안, 국민체육진흥공단 체육과학연구원 연구보고서, 2004
- R. D. Banker, A. Charnes, and W. W. Cooper, "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, Vol.30, No.9, pp.1078-1092, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.30.9.1078
- Carlos Pestana Barros and Stephanie Leach, "Performance evaluation of the English Premier Football League with data envelopment Analysis, Applied Economics, 38, pp.1449-1458, 2006 https://doi.org/10.1080/00036840500396574
- Caves, Christensen and Diewert, "The Economic Theory of Index Numbers and the Measurement of Input, Output and Productivity," Econometrica, Vol.50, No.6, pp.1393-1414, 1982. https://doi.org/10.2307/1913388
- A. Charnes, W. W. Cooper, and E. Rhodes, "Measuring the Efficiency of Decision Making Units," European Journal of Operational Research, Vol.2, pp.429-444, 1978. https://doi.org/10.1016/0377-2217(78)90138-8
- M. J. Farrel, "The Measurement of Productivity Efficiency," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Vol.120, No.3, pp.253-282, 1957. https://doi.org/10.2307/2343100
- I. Guzman and S. Morrow, "Measuring efficiency and productivity in professional football teams: evidence from the English Premier, Central Eur J Oper Res Econ 15, pp.309-328, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10100-007-0034-y
- D. Hass, "Technical Efficiency in the Major League Soccer," Journal of Sports Economics, Vol.4, No.3, pp.203-215, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1177/1527002503252144
- D. Hass, "Productive Efficiency of English Football Teams-A Data Envelopment Analysis Approach," Managerial And Decision Economics, 24, pp.403-410, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1002/mde.1105
- A Productive Analysis of Sports Organizations in Korean Basketball League: Focused on DEA vol.15, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.12812/ksms.2013.15.2.255
- An efficiency evaluation of Korean basketball league using 2010~2011 season data vol.24, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2013.24.3.505
- Efficiency analysis of the community welfare centers for people with disabilities using data envelopment analysis vol.26, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2015.26.1.111