- Volume 10 Issue 10
Along with the transformation of the knowledge-based environment, e-learning has become a main teaching and learning method, prompting various research efforts to be conducted in this field. One major research area in e-learning involves adaptive learning systems that provide personalized learning content according to each learner's characteristics by taking into consideration a variety of learning circumstances. Active research on ontology-based adaptive learning systems has recently been conducted to provide more efficient and adaptive learning content. In this paper, we design and propose an adaptive learning system based on the concept lattice of Formal Concept Analysis (FCA) with the same objectives as those of ontology approaches. However, we are in pursuit of a system that is suitable for learning of specific domains and one that allows users to more freely and easily build their own adaptive learning systems. The proposed system automatically classifies the learning objects and concepts of an evolved domain in the structure of a concept lattice based on the relationships between the objects and concepts. In addition, the system adaptively constructs and presents the learning structure of the concept lattice according to each student's level of knowledge, learning style, learning preference and the learning state of each concept.
Adaptive Learning;Adaptive Learning System;Concept Lattice;Formal Concept Analysis
Supported by : 대구가톨릭대학교
- 최숙영, “적응형 학습을 위한 온톨로지 기술의 적용 방안”, 한국컴퓨터교육학회논문지, 제12권, 제6호, pp.53-66, 2009.
- P. D. Bra, P. Brusilovsky, and G. J. Houben, “Adaptive Hypermedia: From Systems to Framework,” ACM Computing Surveys, Vol.31, No.4es, pp.1-6, 1999.
- H. Wu, E. D. Kort, and P. D. Pra, “Design Issues for General-Purpose Adaptive Hypermedia Systems,” Proc. of the ACM Conference on Hypertext and Hypermedia, Aarhus, Denmark, August, pp.141-150, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1145/504216.504256
- 정효숙, 박성빈, “초보자들의 프로그래밍 학습을 위한 웹 기반 적응형 하이퍼미디어 시스템”, 한국컴퓨터교육학회논문지, 제7권, 제6호, pp.37-45, 2004.
- P. Brusilovsky and E. Millan, “User Models for Adaptive Hypermedia and Adaptive Educational Systems,” Springer, LNCS, Vol.4321, pp.3-53, 2007.
- 최숙영, “컨셉맵을 이용한 적응형 교수 시스템”, 한국컴퓨터교육학회논문지, 제9권, 제1호, pp.29-39, 2006.
- N. Henze, “Personal Readers: Personalized Learning Object Readers for the Semantic Web,” Proc. of the 12th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Education (AIED '05), pp.15-22, 2005.
- E. Holohan, M. Melia, D. McMullen, and C. Pahl, “Adaptive E-Learning Content Generation based on Semantic Web Technology,” Proc. of the Application of Semantic Web Technology for E-Learning, pp.29-36, 2005.
- C. Pahl and E. Holohan, “Applications of Semantic Web Technology to Support Learning Content Development,” Interdisciplinary J. of E-Learning and Learning Object, Vol.5, pp.1-25, 2009.
- J. Jovanovic, D. Gasevic, and V. Devedzic, “TANGRAM for Personalized Learning Using the Semantic Web Technologies,” J. of emerging technologies in web intelligence, Vol.1, No.1, pp.6-21, 2009.
- I. Casparini, A. Bouzeghoub, J. P. M. de Oliveira, and M. S. Pimenta, “An adaptive e-learning environment based on user's context,” Proc. of the Third International Workshop on Culturally-Aware Tutoring Systems (CATS 2010), pp.1-12, 2010.
- T. R. Gruber, “A Translation Approach to Portable Ontology Specification,” Knowledge Acquisition, Vol.5, No.2, pp.199-220, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1006/knac.1993.1008
- P. Drucker, “Need to Know: Integrating e-Learning with High Velocity Value Chains,” A Delphi Group White Paper, pp.1-12, 2000.
- R. Wille, “Restructuring lattice theory: an approach based on Hierarchies of concepts,” In: Ivan Reval (ed.), Ordered sets, Reidel, Dordrecht-Boston, pp.445-470, 1982.
- B. Ganter and R. Wille, Formal Concept Analysis: Mathematical Foundations, Springer, 1999.
- K. Thyagharajan, and R. Nayak, “Adaptive Content Creation for Personalized e-Learning Using Web Services,” J. of Applied Sciences Research, Vol.3, No.9, pp.828-836, 2007.
- G. van Heijst, A. T. Schreiber, and B. J. Wielinga, “Using Explicit Ontologies in KBS Development," Int. J. of Human and Computer Studies, Vol.46, No.2-3, pp.183-292, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1006/ijhc.1996.0090
- N. Guarino, “Understanding, Building, and Using Ontologies,” Int. J. of Human and Computer Studies, Vol.46, No.2-3, pp.293-310, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1006/ijhc.1996.0091
- D. H. Fischer, From thesauri towards ontologies?, Advances in Knowledge Organization (ipsi.fhg.de), 1998.
- 심경, “온톨로지(Ontology)”, 도서관문화, 제5권, 제10호, pp.49-59, 2009.
- M. Kim and P. Compton, “The perceived ontology of standard ontologies in document management for specialized domains,” Int. J. of Human Computer Studies, Vol.64, No.1, pp.15-26, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhcs.2005.06.006
- M. M. Das, M. Bhaskar, T. chithralekha, and S. sivasathya, “Context Aware E-Learning System with Dynamically Composable Learning Objects,” Int. J. on Computer Science and Engineering, Vol.2, No.4, pp.1245-1253, 2010.
- D. Kolb, Experience learning: Experience as source of learning and development, Englewood cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1984.
- R. Felder and L. Silverman, “Learning styles and teaching styles in engineering education,” Engineering Education, Vol.78, No.7, pp.674-681, 1998.
- 성동욱, 이미숙, 박준호, 박형순, 박찬, 유관희, 유재수, “학습활동 중심의 u-러닝 콘텐츠 저작 시스템의 설계 및 구현”, 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제9권, 제1호, pp.475-483, 2009.
- Design of an Efficient Keyword-based Retrieval System Using Concept lattice vol.16, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7472/jksii.2015.16.3.43