- Volume 45 Issue 3
The Study of Characteristics on EPDM, NBR, FKM, VMQ and FVMQ for Sealing Applications to Lithium Ion Battery
리튬 이온 전지 씰링에의 응용을 위한 EPDM, NBR, FKM, VMQ 및 FVMQ 특성연구
- Seo, Kwan-Ho (Department of Polymer Science, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Cho, Kwang-Soo (Department of Polymer Science, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Yun, In-Sub (Department of Polymer Science, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Choi, Woo-Hyuk (Research & Development Institute, Pyung-hwa Oil seal Industry co., LTD.) ;
- Hur, Byung-Ki (Research & Development Institute, Pyung-hwa Oil seal Industry co., LTD.) ;
- Kang, Dong-Gug (Research & Development Institute, Pyung-hwa Oil seal Industry co., LTD.)
- 서관호 (경북대학교 고분자공학과) ;
- 조광수 (경북대학교 고분자공학과) ;
- 윤인섭 (경북대학교 고분자공학과) ;
- 최우혁 (평화오일씰공업(주) 기술개발본부) ;
- 허병기 (평화오일씰공업(주) 기술개발본부) ;
- 강동국 (평화오일씰공업(주) 기술개발본부)
- Received : 2010.04.12
- Accepted : 2010.07.14
- Published : 2010.09.30
The materials of the lithium ion battery gasket require chemical resistance to the electrolyte, electrical insulating, compression set, anti-contamination and heat resistance. To estimate suitability for rubber which has better performance to compression set than PFA, each compound were made with various rubbers, such as EPDM, NBR, FKM, FVMQ, VMQ and we checked the characteristics of each compound. Samples from each compound was deposited in Propylene Carbonate and tested for changing of Hardness and Volume during 1,000 hr with
Supported by : 한국산업기술진흥원
- H. K. Kim, S. C. Na, New Renewable energy and Fuel Cell, Haksul Intelligence, 2006
- Altair Nanotechnologies, U.S.Patent 60, 909, 361 (2008).
- "EPDM sealing materials resist high temperatures", in Sealing technology, 12, 5 (2009).
- Aroguz, A., Journal of microscopy, 232, 3 (2008).
- EPDM Technical information, Kumho Polychem Co.
- Duan, H., "Application progress in nitrile rubber (NBR) sealing material", in China Elastomerics, 18, 66 (2008).
- M. S Kim and J. K. Kim, Elastomer, 42, 1 (2007).
- "Low-temperature FKM targets aerospace applications", in Sealing technology, 9, 3 (2009).
- Farrow. P. and Merli. F., Sealing technology, 1, 8 (2010).
- W. Cooper, "Synthetic Elastomers", in Encyclopedia of Polymer Science and Technology, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 5, 406 (1996).
- J. A. Kim, J. C. Cho, S. J. Kwak, and K. U. Kim, Polymer Science and Technology (Korea), 8, 700 (1997).