- Volume 13 Issue 1
Research on applicability of Teaching-Learning Methods for Creative Problem Solving to a course in University
창의적 문제해결 교수학습법의 대학수업에의 적용가능성에 관한 연구
- Park, Choul-Soo (Graduate School. Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Park, Su-Hong (Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Jeong, Sun-Young (Graduate School. Pusan Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2009.11.13
- Accepted : 2009.12.17
- Published : 2010.03.31
The purpose of this study is to explore applicability of teaching-learning methods for creative problem solving which was designed to improve students' creative thinking and problem solving competencies. Methodology is literature review and focus group interview. The students who attended the elective course 'creative women and science' was participated during 15 weeks. Through this teaching-learning methods, students were fully aware of learning methods for creative problem solving, sought for problems, clarified problems, found solutions through discussions, and continuously examined ideas by receiving feedbacks. They could deduce creative new solutions to solve encountered problems regarding team dynamics and apply it in real situation. As the results of applying teaching-learning methods for creative problem solving to a course in University, it had the advantages of enhancing students' competencies in analyzing problems and applying derived solutions in actual field.
teaching-learning;problem-solving;creation;basic engineering design
- 강명희, 고진경 (2002). 개인 지식창출 과정의 개념적 틀. 기업교육연구, 4(1): 5-34.
- 곽문규(2004). 창의적 공학설계 교육 현황 및 발전방안. 동국대학교 자료.
- 김병식(2001). 공학교육의 미래. 공업화학 전망, 4(1): 8-12.
- 김영채 (1999). 창의적 문제 해결: 창의력의 이론, 개발과 수업, 서울: 교육과학사.
- 김정섭, 박수홍 (2002). 지식창출을 위한 논리로서 가추법과 교수설계 적용을 위한 탐색. 교육공학연구, 18(4), 139-165.
- 민계식(2007). 산업계에서 원하는 조선공업의 인재상과 공학교육의 방향. 형대중공업 CTO 서울대 특강 자료.
- 박수홍 (2004). LG-RCL 프로그램 개발. 미발표논문.
- 이종연 외(2005). 대학에서 이러닝을 통한 취업교육 개선방안 탐구. 농업교육과 인적자원재개발, 37(1): 161-178
- 정주영(2007). 블렌디드 액션러닝(Blended Action Learning) 지원시스템의 개발. 부산대학교 대학원 박사학위논문.
- 황호영 외(2006). 경쟁전략유형에 따른 인적자원관행과 경영성과와의 관계. 인적자원개발연구 8(2).
- Amabile. T. M. (1997). Motivating creativity in organizations: On doing what you love and loving what you do. California Management Review, 40(1): 39-58.
- Amabile. T. M. Conti. R., Coon. H.. Lazenby. J., & Herron. M. (1996). Assessing the work environment for creativity. Academy of Management Journal, 39: 1154-1184. https://doi.org/10.2307/256995
- Argote. L., & Kane. A. A. (2003). Learning from direct cmd indirect e.werience in organizations: The effects of experience content, timing, and distribution Group Creativity: Innovation Through Collaboration. NY: Oxford.
- Barrows. H. S. (1985). How to design a problembased curriculum for the preclinical years. NY: Springer Publishing Co.
- Bottger. P. C. (1984). Expertise and air time as basis of actual and perceived influence in problem solving groups. Journal of Applied Psychology, 69: 214-221 https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.69.2.214
- De Bono. E. (1999). Six thinking hats. Boston: Back Bay Books.
- Delbecq. A. L.. & Mills. P. K. (1985). Managerial practices that enhance innovation. Organizational Dynamics, 14: 24-34. https://doi.org/10.1016/0090-2616(85)90041-5
- Gery. G. J. (1991). Electronic performance support system: how and why to remake the workplace through the strategic applimtion of technology. Boston. MA: Weingarten.
- Gordon. W. J. J. (1961). Synectics: The Development of Creative Capacity. NY: Harper & Row. Publishers.
- Jonassen. D. H.(1997). Instructional Design Models for well-structured and ill-structured problernsolving learning outcomes. ETR&D, 45(1): 65-94.
- King. D. G. (1998). 40 Tools for cross-functional teams: Building synergy for breakthrough creativity. Portland: Productivity Press.
- Leighton. C. (1997). What is an EPSS?(2004. 5. 2), (http://itechl.coe.uga.edu/epss/whatis.htrnl).
- Littlepage. G. E.. Schmidt. G. W.. Whisler.E. W.. & Frost. A. G. (1995). An input-process-output analysis of influence and perfonnance in problem-solving groups. Journal of personality and social psychology, 69(5):877-889. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1997
- Lumsdaine. E. & Lumsdaine. M. (1995). Creative Problem Solving. NY: McGraw-Hill.
- Marquardt, M. J. (1999). Action learning in action: Transforming problems and people for world-class organizational learning. Palo Alto. California: Davies-Black Publishing.
- Milliken. F. J., Bartel. C. A., & Kurtzberg. T. R.(2003). Diversity and Creativity in Work Groups: A Dynamic Perspective on the Affective and Cognitive Processes That Link Diversity and Performance. Group Creativity: Innovatio Through Collaboratiml. NY: Oxford.
- Nijstad. B. A. & Paulus. P. B. (2003). Group creativity: Common themes and future directions. Group Creativity: Innovation Through Collaboration. NY: Oxford.
- Nijstad. B. A., Diehl. M., & Stroebe. W. (2003). Cognitive Stimulation and Interference in Idea-Generating Groups. Group Creativity: Innomtion Through Collaborotion. NY: Oxford.
- Nonaka I. & Takeuchi. H. (1995). The Knowledge-Creating Company. NY: Oxford.
- Osborn. A. F. (1953. 1963). Appled imagination. New York: Scribner.
- Park. su-hong. (2001), A systems view of team leanting: toward a theory for the design of electronic performance support for team leanting. unpublished.
- Parnes. S. J. (1981). Magic of y'our mind. Buffalo. NY: Bearly Limited.
- Paulus. P. B., & Dzindolet. M. T. (1993). Social influence processes in group brainstorming. Journal of personality and Social Psychology, 64: 575-586. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35188.8.131.525
- Paulus. P. B., & Brown. V. R. (2003). Enhancing ideational creativity in groups: Lessons from research on brainstorming. Group Creativity: Innovation Through Collaboration. NY: Oxford.
- Raybould B. (1995). Performance Support engineering: An emerging development methodology for enabling organizational learning. Performance Improvement Quarterly, 8(1): 7-22.
- Revans. R. (1983). The ABC of action learning. London: Chartwell-Brett Ltd.
- Savery. J. R. & Duffy. T. M. (1995). Problem Based Learning: An instnlctional model and its constructivist framework. Educational Technology, 35: 31-38.
- Stasser. G., & Birchmeier. Z. (2003). Group Creativity and Collectivie choice. Group Creativity: Innovation Through Collaboration. NY: Oxford.
- West, M. A. (2003). Innovation Implementation in Work Teams. Group Creativity: Innovation Through Collaboration. NY: Oxford.
- Williams. J. R. (2004). Developing performance support for computer systems. NY: CRC press.
- Woodman. R. W., Sawyer. J. E., & Griffin. R. W. (1993). Toward a theory of organizational creativity. Academy of Management Review, 18(2): 293-321.
- Banathy. B. H.(1992). A systems view of education: concepts and principles for effective practice Englewood Cliffs. NJ: educational technology publications.