- Volume 13 Issue 1
Program learning outcome is widely used for assessing and improving program quality. There are various methodologies that can measure program quality and improve program learning outcomes. In this paper, we used formative approach in Capstone design course, since it is the most effective in terms of improving program learning outcomes due to the course's intrinsic nature. To integrate a formative approach into Capstone design course, we develop a feedback structure which is a key element in formative approach and define several sub phases that manage feedback structures and their own evaluation criteria. As a result, we observed a noticeable improvement for students performance in capstone design course.
engineering education;engineering accreditation;program outcomes;formative assessment;capstone design
- 김대현 (1996). 교육과정 및 교육평가. 서울, 학지사.
- 김형립 (2002) 교육방법의 탐구. 서울 원미사
- 동국대학교 정보통신공학과, http://ice.dongguk.edu/
- 박일용 (2002) 협동학습에서 피드백 유형이 학업성취도 및 학습태도에 미치는 효과, 한국교원대학교 대학원
- 선종만 (1996) 교정 피드백 유형이 인지양식이 다른 학습자의 학업성취에 미치는 효과. 경북대학교 교육대학원 석사학위 논문
- 이현주 (2000). 형성평가의 피드백 유형이 학생의 학업성취와 태도 및 교사-학생 상호작용에 미치는 효과. 이화여자대학교 교육대학원 석사 학위 논문
- Anderson. L. W. (1973). Time and School Learning. Ph.D. dissertation. University of Chicago
- Arlin. M. N. (1973). Learning rate and learning rate variance under mastery leanling condition. PhD. dissertation. University of Chicago.
- Black P. J. (1995) Can Teachers Use Assessment to Improve Learning? British Journal of Curriculum & Assessment, 5(2): 7-11.
- Boulet. M. M. Simard, G.. & Demela, D. (1990). Formative Evaluation Effects on Learning Music. Review of Educational Research, 84: 119-125.
- Cole, P. G. & Chan, L. K. S. (1987) Task-involving and ego-involving properties of evaluation: Effects of different feedback condition on motivatimlal perceptions. interests. and performance. Journal of Educational Psychology, 79: 474-482 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-0618.104.22.1684
- Cowie, B. & Bell. B. (1997). Formative Assessment and Science Education Research Report of the Learning in Science Project. University of Waikato.
- Crooks, T. (2009) The Validity of Formative Assessment. http://www.leeds.ac.kr/educol/documents/00001862.html.
- Harlen, W. & James. M. (1997). Assessment and Learning: differences and relationship between formative and summative assessment. Assessment in Education, 4(3).
- Maqsud, M. & Pillai. C. M. (1991). Effects of self-scoring on subsequent performance in academic achievement tests. Review of Educational Research, 33: 151-154.
- Sadler, D. R. (1998). Formative Assessment: Revisting the Territory. Assessement in Education, 5(1): 77-84 https://doi.org/10.1080/0969595980050104
- Palomba, C. A. & Banta. T. W. (1999). Assessent essentials: Planning, implementing, and improving assessment in hight education San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Torrence. H. & Pryor, J. (1998). Investigating Formative Assessment: Teaching, Learning and Assessment in the Classroom, Printed in Great Britain by BiddIes Ltd.
- Scriven, M. S. (1967). The Methodology of Evaluation. In R. W. Tyler, R. Gagn, and M. Scriven (eds.). Perspectives on Curriculum Evaluation. AREA Monograph Series on Curriculum Evaluation (1). Chicago: Rand McNally.
- Suskie, L. (2004). Assessing student learning: A common sense guide. Bolton, MA: Anker.
- Walvoord, B.E. (2004). Assessment clear and simple: A practical guilde for institutions, departments. and general education. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
Supported by : 동국대학교